Monday, April 16, 2018

Quickie Pull Day

I've decided to ditch my propane provider so I spend the morning looking for a new one. The big power conglomerates tend to be more expensive with worse service than the smaller local businesses. This was true of the fuel oil company. It seems to be true of the propane provider as well. The local company tells me they can have a guy out to my house to give me an estimate this afternoon. I give them my house phone number because my cell phone tends to fail me when it's critical, sending calls to voicemail and then not alerting me to their existence until 6 hours have passed. Robocalls, however, always seem to go through to annoy me. Ugh.

I decide to stop off at the grocer before going to the gym, because it'll be less crowded, and I won't get stuck in line when I need to rush home. I buy Whole Wheat ciabatta (still not as good as Classic or Olive Oil) and two 32-oz containers of zero fat, small curd cottage cheese. I used to complain that cottage cheese gave me a stomach ache, but now I think it's only the pineapple variety that causes me such distress. I have an extremely sensitive tummy! The dog ate his deli chicken breast slices dosed with Metacam, and most of the diced chicken breast boiled in white rice. Chicken breast was on sale for $1.49/lb and while neither my husband, son or myself will eat it because it's dry and tasteless, the dog is perfectly fine with it. I leave the groceries in the car and run off to the gym. It's 34F and pouring. The high will rise to 45. Maybe. I'm not worried about food spoiling in the car. I'm worried about getting a reasonable workout done before the propane guy shows up.

After 30 minutes on the elliptical, I'm undecided as to just do Basic Core or actually rush through a Pull Day routine. I do all my Core moves, and add back crunches and alternating bicycles. I do have to remove my hair-clip for the last two moves, but I'm resigned to being inconvenienced today. There are plates loaded on both the Smith and the MaxRack, but no one on them. There's a guy super setting between the DBs and maybe the Smith. Hard to say. He's the jerk who left his travel size container of baby powder on the adjustable bench while he used the decline. Eventually he remembered to take his stuff with him, but he's constantly laying claim to items he's not actually using, and I have no respect or tolerance for it. However, I'm not about to talk to him either. Because I suspect that's exactly what he wants. And I'd rather work around than have to deal with shit like that.

There's a bar in the lone Squat Rack, but it's in the wrong position. I can't get the higher pin out on the left side, probably something to do with my lack of leverage. And height. I finally get two pins in the slots that approximate chest high for me and dump the bar there. Then I stretch my shoulders. Today seems harder. The bar winds up high on my back, near the base of my neck. Well, at least I got it done. It doesn't do much for my inclined bench at the Smith. But at least it's done. I go to the DB area for my super set portion of Push Day. There are a few guys there, and the trainer with a new client. I keep glancing up at the clock to make sure I'm not running over. All the flat benches seem to have plates on their bars even though there's not that many bodies here today. Ugh. I decide to just do a quick set of V-bar press downs. And a quick stretch. Done!

I get home at 2:10. The propane guy said he'd be at my house between 2 and 3. Ugh. He's at my house already. But instead of parking where I told him to, at the end of the hedges where the road forks, or even IN my driveway, he parks ACROSS my driveway so that not only can I not pull in and unload my groceries, I have to park up past my hedges. It's a good thing I don't have ice cream in my car! Ugh. I'm so pissed that all I can think is, "Wow, he can't follow directions either."

I don't say it, but I'm clearly irritated, and insist that he move his vehicle. My son is due home from school and there's no way he'd be able to get into the house, laden with all his school items. The guy says he doesn't have to do business with me if I don't want. WTF? What I want is for him to follow directions. Ugh. I am cursing him out in my mind. Seriously. I spent 5 minutes on the phone this morning explaining where to park, and he parks across my driveway!? Mentally, I have unkind names for him. Eventually he apologizes for not re-reading my explicit directions. Ugh! 

Eventually we're both calm. He points out that the last installer put the propane junction in upside down, which means the line to my stove and oven is actually suppose to be the feed line from the tank. I tell him I've had Suburban Propane for near 25 years but I've been wanting to divest from them for the last several years. Especially after they blamed me for not replacing their 15-year old rusting tank after 12 years when they're the service-provider and original installer. I yelled back at them, "It's your tank because I rent it from you. And you should have the records since you already know that the tank needs to be changed after 12 years. How would I know that?" Then they charged me a small fortune to move the new tank and install new cabling. Then argued that I didn't use enough propane to warrant a 100-gallon tank, wanted to charge me the residential price for propane which is higher than the commercial price, but also wanted to charge me the commercial rental fee for the tank, which is higher than a residential fee. WTF? Eventually it got sorted out, but that left a bad taste in my mouth. Of course, I'm not really thrilled with this initial experience with Putnam Propane right now either. Sigh...

I got on my home scale this morning, and held my breath. Yep, I'm heavier. And my body fat is inching upwards again. Ugh. (111.8 lbs and 16.2%) I've been resisting logging into My Fitness Pal, but I guess I'll have to start again. I'd really like my summer clothes to fit. And that's more important to me than getting stronger, because for me, the two do not go hand-in-hand. I don't think I can get leaner and smaller by increasing my poundage. Putting on size has never been an issue. But that's not what I want.

Basic Push Monday

30 elliptical
Program 1
Calories 286
Miles 2.53
Average Heart Rate 143 / max 203 uh oh!

HGPU 30
Push-ups 60
Elbow Plank 60s
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
Elbow Plank 60s
Bicycles 50
Crunches 30/20 (knees bent/legs straight up in the air)

Squat rack low bar stretch
3 x 10s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 12
70 x 25
60 x 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flyes
25lbs x 8/15 reps x 3 sets

V-bar Cable Press Downs
40lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...