Thursday, April 26, 2018

Take Backs

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to figure out the scoring mechanism for the Sparring Program on the Nexersys. Yes, today is Whack the Machine Day, and perhaps I've not been paying attention and this has been happening all along, but I noticed today that my score would get to a certain point, and then the machine would start deducting points. After scoring so many points that the avatar was basically all red, only fractional points get scored because hitting someone when they're already damaged is discouraged. But if I have an entire 90 seconds left, I am suppose to just walk away and not continue to jab, punch and kick? I think not.

Points had been 216 and 220.
And Average Power? Seriously?!
What's most annoying is that by the time I've scored roughly 200 points, each blow only registers a few tenths. But the machine will take back 2 or 3 whole points in one fell swoop. For no apparent reason. Ugh! At first I thought the machine was flaking out so I restarted the machine after the first two rounds. So I only have data for the remaining 5 rounds. And the scores are ridiculously low for Power. The machine obviously doesn't count any of the blows that it registers as Hitting Too Hard. Double Ugh! For the second leg, I stuck to just the Follow Me program at Intermediate Level. I'd eaten breakfast, but felt my energy lagging by round 5. And then I was starving! Grrrr...

At least the Intermediate Follow Me
didn't disappoint me in the Stats
So, yes, I did my standard cardio warm up, shoulder warm up and afterwards, eked out some pull ups. Then I went home and tried to figure out how to get the dog to eat the less-than-tasty Proin tablet. He ate one yesterday, and it must work because there were no dribbles. The dose is a pill every 12 hours. This morning at breakfast, he decided he didn't like the pill anymore. Not even wrapped in deli chicken, or lightly brushed with peanut butter (just so it would smell good). He chewed the tablet and promptly spit it out. I bought chicken hearts and gizzards, crushed the pill and tried stuffing the powder inside the organ meats. Nope. He rolled each piece around in his mouth, spit it all out and then picked out the organ meats to eat. Meanwhile there's a dribble of pee from the kitchen to the front door where he likes to lay to watch for cats. I need to buy more of those handy bleach wipes because I'm using a lot of them lately.

Finally, I opened a can of the soupy Weruva® chicken and pumpkin stew. He loves this brand of food. I crushed the Proin and mixed it into the dog food and as far as I know, he ate the whole thing. Of course, I only feed him this once every few days and he's suppose to be on Proin twice daily. Which means I have to get more creative with breakfast. Sigh. I did buy a case of the Science Diet low-fat canned dog food. He likes that too, but it's more solid and harder to hide meds in. Not sure I can get him to eat the home-cooked ground turkey and rice with Proin in it... He's old, but his noise and taste buds still work.

Looks like I'm the only person who signed up for the Jeet Kune Do class at the park so there won't be a class. They need a minimum of 3 people. Double Sigh. It certainly wasn't very well advertised. Too bad. I've been wanting to learn some actual martial art skills... before I get too old.

Whack Thursday

10 elliptical
Calories 95
Miles 0.84
Average Heart Rate 146/192max

T, Y & I Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Mid Band Pulls 15
High Band Pulls 15

Nexersys
7r Beginner 4 FM 3 Sp
(Sp now deducting points Ugh!)
7r Intermediate FM

HGPU 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...