Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Tuesdays Are Crazy Days

Tank is purple, not blue.
Color's still off.
I'm logging yesterdays' workout this morning before I head out to the gym, because Tuesdays are crazy days. I always make the mistake of thinking I have more time than I actually do, hence the dreaded "over scheduling" predicament. I didn't even go to bed on time because I was catching the tail end of a Downton Abbey episode with my hubs last night. Oh well...

I did manage two cardio sessions for a total of barely 5 miles, plus most of a Pull Day workout. I'm a bit disturbed by the tingling fingertips and toes lately though. My glaucoma doc says I have Raynaud's Syndrome, which I've always thought of as when your fingers and knees turn blue due to cold. But it's actually vasospasms of smaller blood vessels in the extremeties, leading to sensations of cold and tingling. This is a complication for my glaucoma, but it's also something I've always had. It's a maternal inheritance, and there's no indication that my son has it.

You would think that having done push ups a zillion times in the past would make me extremely confident of each day's session. Instead, I approach the task with the fear that I won't be able to perform the hundred reps. It's performance anxiety! Low expectations makes success much sweeter, although "relief" is more appropriate. The same is true of pull ups. By the second round, I know that I could've done more than the 31 reps I count out. But too late. I'll save it for the third and last set.

My right shoulder feels a bit off today so I skip the elbow planks. They're hard on my shoulder and elbows, not so much on my core. The Smith SLDLs are okay. The RG BB Rows are easier than I expect. I could go heavier, but I don't. Because time is slipping away and I have things to do besides being here. Between sets I peer into the mirror wall I'm facing and see a vaguely familiar face in the distance. It's Venus, and The Mayor hastily runs over to greet her. He's desperate to chat up young attractive women, or at least that's how it seems to me. He gabs with a lot of male acquaintances, but never with the same earnestness in his face. It's a bit sad. I keep lifting.

I run into another acquaintance in the locker room. She's just recovered from having a burst appendix. At first she thought it was food poisoning because after the 3rd day she felt better. I tell her that after the first day it's not food poisoning. Then I tell her about the obit I just read about Steve Dillon of the graphic novel Preacher (now a popular streaming series). He recently died of a ruptured appendix, because he thought it was food poisoning! She tells me she was headed to Home Depot when suddenly she found that she had driven herself to the Urgent Care parking lot. I tell her that she was being guided. She's lucky. The docs tell her that another 6 hours and she would've been done. My grandmother said "Things Come in 3s". I'm gingerly waiting for the next case...

Tuesday Workout
(5.02 miles total cardio)

30 min elliptical
Program 2
279 cal
2.50 miles

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 x 50
Side Planks 2 x 60 sec
Bird Dogs 2 x 60 sec

Smith SLDLs
15 x bar
12 x 80, 100, 120, 130

Smith RG BB Rows
15 x bar, 80,
20 x 100,
15 x 120
20 x 130

HGPU 31 (Could've done more!)

Seated 1-arm cable rows
12 x 30 lbs
45 lbs x 12 x 2

30 min elliptical
Prgm 3
2.52 miles
284 cal

HGPU 36 Yaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...