Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Super Abbreviated Tuesday


I have to yell at my son three times to get him out of bed. I don't quite have the two hours I'd like to work out, so I adjust my routine to include the most important items: cardio, SLDLs, RG BB Rows. Yep, that's it. Oh, and since it's a Pull Day, at least a set of HGPUs. I manage to get two sets, but that meant completely skipping push ups, crunches and planks. And I won't be back at the gym until next Tuesday because we are going away for the weekend.

I have a photography show next summer, and I need more material. My husband's project in Boston is coming to an end, so what better time to visit the sights there, including the aquarium? Of course, Columbus Day weekend might not've been the most auspicious time, but I figure we're utilizing an unusually long school holiday because of the Jewish holy days, and it'll be close enough to celebrate our 15th yr wedding anniversary.

The gym is warm enough that I start sweating again during Smith SLDLs. I realize I'm not standing close enough to the bar for the first heavy set. The bar is in a fixed location on a tract, and I need to have the bar just under my knees, against my shins to start. The only other important movement to do is the RG BB Rows. No time for One-Arm Seated Cable Rows. Barely any time for the 2nd set of Hammer Grip Pull Ups. My son is always the last one in the Child Care room. Tomorrow he has school. And I have work.

Today, we go to see Storks, figuring that Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children will still be playing next week. I'll take my son to see that one then, unless something totally amazing opens over this weekend.


Storks was actually very cute with laugh-out-loud humor, and catchy dance music. The Wolf Pack was fascinating. We bought our tickets at 1 pm and the theater was empty. Then we made a brief trip to the supermarket, and at 1:30, the movie crowd was spilling out onto the sidewalk. Inside was a constant barrage of kids and adults crossing to and from their seats to get popcorn, beverages, find their parents, find the restrooms. Ugh. At least my son and I got seats together.

Tuesday Workout

30 min elliptical
Program 3
2.49 miles
279 cal

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50

Smith SLDL
Bar X 15
12 X 80, 100, 120
8 X 130 X 3

Smith RG BB Row
Bar X 15
12 X 80
15 X 100, 120, 130

HGPU 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...