Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Humpty Dumpty Day

I think about skipping today's workout until I realize that tomorrow is a much better prospect for doing that. Tomorrow I have swim class in the evening. And the morning forecast calls for snow and possibly freezing rain, before turning to just plain rain. If the school district freaks out, we'll have a snow day, because a 2-hr delay won't do the middle and high schoolers any good. So I go to the gym today. And put all the empty beer and water bottles in a giant shopping bag behind the driver's seat. Because when I turn those in, I'll have enough loose change to put toward the annual renewal fee for the dog's license. It's only $7.50 so I don't want to write a check, and I don't want to break a twenty. I'm saving that for Election Day. My son won't have school and we'll go to the movies. Yes, I try to budget when I can.

I've been arriving in the locker room at just the wrong time, when the exercise class has just vacated and everyone is in the locker room changing and gabbing. The noise is deafening between all the women yakking about their hair and nails, and the roar of hair dryers. Those things should come with ear plugs. Or mufflers.

I do 10 minutes on the cross-trainer for a change of pace warm up. My left knee seems tender and I worry that playing on the kickboxing machine will aggravate whatever's befallen it. But nothing really comes of it. The machine behaves as expected, sometimes erratically. I can't take any of the numbers seriously because the machine's not to be trusted. But it's still a good workout. I'm running late. Again. So I skip the additional LISS cardio, and only do a set of pull ups afterwards. Done. I'm not happy that the gym scale reads 111.3 lbs. That's 3-4 lbs more than I'm comfortable with. My pants are a skosh tight. Well, it's time to actually pay attention to all the bad things I've been eating. Like liverwurst sandwiches, a weird throwback to my childhood. Only my mother ever liked liverwurst and I'm probably the only one I know who does too. But it's high in fat and salt, so that's the end of it. No more eating like a child! Or Humpty Dumpty will have a great fall, and all the king's men... well, you know! Back to sensible eating this season.

Wednesday Workout

10 min cross-trainer
1.15 miles
6.88 average speed

15 rounds Nexersys
3 x 5r x 4 min = 60 min

HGPU 31

Photos posted for actual stats:

5 rounds Beginner (awesome warm up rounds)



5 rounds Intermediate (some rounds were better than others)



5 rounds Advance (I got one really good round, and the rest were just crazy with the machine tossing out combinations without the corresponding avatar signal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...