Thursday, October 13, 2016

Catching Up

It's been over a week since I worked out and I definitely feel it. I'm dragging, and not just because I'm at the tail end of a mild cold. Maybe it's an allergy, but I'm tired and have a wee bit of chest congestion. I've been taking zinc and vitamin C religiously, along with fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium and sometimes a B-complex, although truthfully, I probably only need B-12. Hot soup and teas are a soothing relief, but I don't have time to make soup each night. Plus we were away the long weekend, and the hotel a/c blowing on my head didn't help much.

I don't have quite enough time to do everything I'd like, and I keep having to remind myself that I have swim class tonight. One gal dropped out and the other one found employment down in the City, so it might just be me. My own private swim class! It's going to be a lot of work though. I cut back on my routine today. I'll have to do an abbreviated workout tomorrow too since I have an appointment for the annual mammogram. It's always something... Next week should be different. But I'm not sure I can handle 5 days straight.

I like 30 minute cardio warm ups so I won't give that up. I keep the 100 rep push ups, and core work as well. I only do 2 sets of HGPUs, but since I skip Inclined benching, and the 2nd set of cardio, I'm better able to squeeze out a few extra reps of hammer grip pull ups. Yaaay me! Tomorrow I'd like to do 2 sets of cardio, and maybe some SLDLs. I feel big, and at 112 lbs I probably look big too. I'm not happy with the way I look, except when I glimpse my pumped-up triceps. That makes me smile. Yeah, I'm a gym rat...

Thursday Workout

30 min elliptical
Prgm 1
2.52 miles
283 cal

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 X 50
Elbow Plank 2 X 45 sec
Bird Dog 2 X 60 sec
Side Plank 2 X 30 sec

Breaker flat bench
(until the Smith became available)
Bar (45) X 20
65 X 15

Smith flat bench
12 X bar (30)
12 X 80, 100
120 X 10
90 X 25

DB Lat raise s/s Rev Flyes
20 lbs X 12/20 X 3

10 min elliptical
LISS (low intensity steady state)
0.70 miles
69 cal

HGPU 36 Yaaay!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. We are one week back from a two week vacation, where we did no workouts. Fortunately DH and I are both getting back into the swing of things, so DOMS is minor, and the weight is going up each session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. We are one week back from a two week vacation, where we did no workouts. Fortunately DH and I are both getting back into the swing of things, so DOMS is minor, and the weight is going up each session.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...