Monday, October 24, 2016

Late Afternoon Caffeine

Big "new" iPhone 6+
My hubs and I both had interrupted sleep last night, probably due to the late afternoon hit of caffeine at Starbucks on the way home from the Mall. Going to bed on time didn't help as I just stared at the clock even though I was really really tired. This morning I dreamt I was at my old job in the City, looking through a work folder for the Lilly product Cymbalta. Yes, that was one of my accounts. And then the alarm went off and I got my son up and off to school, walked and fed the dog and then crawled right back into bed. I didn't drift off right away though and setting my alarm so I wouldn't oversleep actually made things worse. Eventually I just turned everything off, and woke up when the garbage truck came roaring down the road.

I still had time to make it to the gym and do an abbreviated workout. There's now on-going road repair work on the main thoroughfares so I'll have to count that towards my commuting time until winter hits. Today's a Push Day. I guess I'll sacrifice a round of cardio, and pull ups. As long as I get one set in, all is not lost. Because I'm a slug over the weekends, I feel it's important to get at least one set of pull ups, and one 30-minute cardio session to kick the week into gear. I know some people feels that that's enough exercise, but I'm not those people. I'm not a "More Is Better" type of gal either, but I definitely know my limits, and this isn't close to pushing them. Be honest with yourself. Are you really at your limit, or skating along? Not that I advocate pushing limits for every workout. That's counter-productive and can lead to injuries that'll lay you up for weeks. No one needs that!
But does it take better photos?

My husband got himself a new iPhone 7. He hadn't planned to, but he somehow cracked the screen on his 6+, through the protective screen shield! The phone wasn't behaving properly either. The repair shop guy said it would take a few days to fix, and that the phone also needed an additional replacement part. My hubs can't be without his phone so he bought the latest iPhone 7, and then got the 6+ fixed. Once it was repaired, he offered it to me because I have the tiny iPhone 5. Today I took it on a field run to see how I liked it. Because it's so big, I worried I wouldn't be able to put it in my pocket. It has an OtterBox protective case so that makes it even bigger than it really is. Luckily, all my apps transitioned seamlessly from the iCloud backup. And so far, with the exception of some photos appearing dark, the phone works well. It even appears to get a signal in spots where my old phone couldn't, so that's a big bonus right there.

I see some regulars just finishing up their workouts... The Mayor, Shaggy (who is now growing out mutton-chop sideburns into a full face cover), Walrus Mustache, Ollie, Cowardly Lion... Once I finish the last set of the DB lateral raise superset with reverse flyes, I'm off to shower and change. I get down to meet the school bus with just a minute to spare. Whew!

Monday Workout

30 min elliptical
Prgm 1
2.61 miles
297 cal

HGPU 31
Knee-Ins 50
Push Ups 100
Crunches 3 x 50

Smith flat bench
15 x bar
12 x 80, 100
10 x 120
6 x 130 Yaaay!
25 x 90

Smith inclined bench
15 x bar
12 x 50, 70, 80

DB Lat s/s w Rev Flyes
3 x 20 lbs x 12/20 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...