Thursday, September 12, 2024

A Mixed Use Day

It was another crisp morning and the dogs enjoyed romping in the park. Eventually, another dog friend showed up and there was lots of happy yipping. I got to the gym early enough to score my preferred elliptical. Wind Breaker shows up immediately afterward. There's not a lot of people here today. While cardio isn't as good as Tuesday, I'm not concerned. It's close enough. I'll do pull-ups tomorrow. Today I'm more interested in the free weights.

I discover that there are two Nautilus benches and one is in use. But I can claim the other one. Of course, these benches are at the heavy end of the DB rack. The heavier, bigger benches are at the lighter end. I suspect that's because the Nautilus benches are newer and thus closer to the main area. All that this means is that I have to dodge and weave between other members on those bigger benches just to access the lighter DBs that I'm using. But I'm able to do just that and complete all my sets. It's a good day!

I only notice the sciatica when I'm face down doing Reverse Inclined Flys because I need to press up against the back with my legs extended. It puts a lot of stress on that sore right glute and consequently, the sciatic nerve bundle. There's no one in the Aerobics Room and everything is good until I lay down and do hip bridges. Hip bridges never used to hurt, and now they do, starting around rep 12. It's the same thing with Bird Dogs, starting at the 12th second. Push-ups are also painful, and after the DB routine, my arms and shoulders are tired. Everything else is fine, even the Wall Sits... makes me want to say "Thank goodness tomorrow is a Cardio Day."

12 Sept 11:25-1:25
Thursday — Mix Day
Beautiful Day — Timolol / sciatica
(right hip-foot numb tingly)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 + 5 (5554)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
Avg Hr: 135, 192-84
New FB: 51-130 FB app refuses to update properly

Nautilus bench
Incl DB Press s/s Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incline Flys
10 lbs x 25/15/25
15 lbs x 25/15/25
(12:30 first heavy set; 12:38; 12:49)
20/15/20 x 25/15/25 x 3

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
Piriformis stretches
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Arm rotations 20
Push-Ups 25 (creeping tingle)
Air Squats 25
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 120 sec


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...