Friday, September 20, 2024

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late. Still, I got on an elliptical! While Wind Breaker was on #1, there was another dude on #4, leaving 2 and 3 vacant. Weird but good for me since I dislike elliptical #4 intensely. I didn't do as well as yesterday, but close enough. At first I'm quite chilly, but after 6-7 minutes it's as if I'm a sieve with sweat spouting out of my head and dripping off my face and hair. I can't stop blowing my nose either, as if I'm sweating on the inside as well.

I still haven't recovered enough to do more than a dozen pull-ups, but at least it's still a dozen pull-ups for every set instead of diminishing returns. I'm surprisingly tired by the time I get to the step machine, and I worry that I won't be able to make it through the entire 10 minutes. Thank goodness the machine drops down to speed 2 at minute 9 and then to speed 1 by the last minute. Yes, using the timer function has benefits, notably the automatic cool down program. I look around the free weight area and see a few vaguely familiar faces; people who haven't been around for years are back again, wondering where everyone else is. But it's mostly kids, although the Odd Couple are back with him doing muscles-ups and her staring at her phone most of the time.

It's the end of the week and I've been trying to touch base with the mattress delivery company. They've called the past two mornings but my phone never rings and instead sends the call to voicemail directly. Weird and annoying. It also means I've had to order the bed frame (put it on a wish list on Amazon so I'd have all the info handy). I'm hoping to get them to both arrive within the same week. My house is tiny so there's no place to store anything. The mattress delivery service is supposed to remove the old mattress and box spring. 

Those things are a royal pain to dispose of otherwise. The town offers to pick up mattresses if you schedule it, but there's literally no place to prop the huge items up where they won't fall into the road. I've seen rain-soaked mattresses out in driveways for weeks waiting for the rubbish hauler. If I put my old mattress in my driveway, I'm not getting my car in or out. It's one or the other...

I get on the LifeFitness cross-trainer but I'm not feeling it. So, while I do select 12 minutes of easy cardio and allow for an additional 3-minute cool down, I don't grab the moving handles. Nope. Giving the arms a rest before the last set of pull-ups. Honestly, finger fatigue doesn't help when your biceps decide they've had enough even if your back says we can get one more. 

The Aerobics Room is unpleasantly warm even though there was a Senior Class there earlier. Apparently, those old bodies just don't generate enough movement to sweat. I skip the exercises that make my sciatica unhappy, or I interrupt the position with ankle flexing and limb stretching to keep the tingling at bay. It seems to work with the Hip Bridges and Bird Dogs, but there's not a lot I can do when I'm in the middle of push-ups except to get the reps done as quickly as possible. Otherwise, the tingling grabs my hip and radiates down the leg into my foot while clenching my calf. Disturbing but not as painful as oh, let's say, shingles. But I worry about nerve damage as I assume the tingling means nerves are compressed and complaining. No one needs that! 

20 Sept 12:14-2:12
Friday — All Cardio
Cloudy Day — Timolol / sciatica
Late start

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30 + 5 (5592)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 163, 200-86
New FB: 51-130

HGPU 12 (big crowd of dudes)

Matrix StairMaster (R) 1:02
Manual timer 8+2 cool down
Minimum 5 minutes
Speed 5 (45-50) / 29-38 (2-1)
Steps 436
Floors 28
Cal 66
Hr 148

HGPU 12

Life Fitness X-Trainer #5 (1:23)
Program Manual L1
Time: 12 (+3min cool down)=15
Distance: 1.2
Cal: 110
Avg Hr: FB 117 (1:39)

HGPU 12

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
Piriformis stretches
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Arm rotations 20
Air Squats 25
Neck stretch / Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...