Friday, October 6, 2023

An Easy Friday

I see to have defaulted to a 3X a week routine, which isn't bad. Not great, but it's workable and just frequent enough for maintenance. I won't become a slug/sloth after all. Not that I was housebound yesterday. After scrubbing the tub yet again (97% done), I went to the post office (to verify that a weird email I got was actually a phishing scam) and then the Tractor Supply Store (just to look around) because it had opened in spite of all the construction vehicles and workers surrounding the immediate area. I got really excited that I finally found leather work gloves that actually fit my tiny hands, because they're kids' gloves. (It's refreshing to have gloves where the fingertips aren't an inch too long and get caught in everything.)

Then my oldest friend (cuz she's 80) texts me that she's taking her lopsided shoes to the cobbler to get the lifts removed since now both her legs are the same length. She had her second hip replacement in August and now (only 11 years later) she's not lopsided anymore. So now she needs her shoes fixed, or she'll have to toss and buy new hundreds of pairs of shoes. Or close to a 100. I bring my 20-yr old Keen sandals which are my house shoes, and the soles are so broken and cracked that dog hair accumulates in them and creates weird fuzzy pads on the bottoms. He can fix them. Yaaay. 

But we don't return home. Since we're in Connecticut, she wants to go to Costco. Okay. I'll go shopping with her. Plus, since she's 80, I don't expect she can lift a lot of stuff even though she's taller and bigger than I am. Because she's 80. And I'm soooo much younger than her at 63. But first, she wants to go to Petco (literally across the road from Costco) to buy cat food, and a replacement for her old 2-story cat tower. One of her pets literally shredded the burlap covering off the poles and not only is the exposed wood splintered, there's staples coming loose all over the carpeted areas. 

She eyes a bigger 3-story kitty tower and gets the store to sell her the floor model so that she won't have to assemble it from a kit. The kitty tower fits in her car since she already has the back seats folded down. I buy a vibrant pot of wheat grass greens because my dog really seemed to enjoy the last one I got him. Then we go to Costco. When I get home hours later, my dogs jump all over me 'cuz I'm not usually gone all day. 

I check the step tracker that's built into the iPhones and it registers over 8,800. That's from wandering all over Petco and Costco yesterday! I usually ignore the tracker because it doesn't take into account the cardio I do at the gym. Like today I have over 5.000 steps from the elliptical. My pull-ups aren't getting any better. I'm actually kind of tired from hauling the old cat tree out of my friend's house and into the trash bin, and bringing in the rest of her groceries. I got a few things too, like paper towels and a big bag of dried tart cherries (great in hot oatmeal). It's a routine workout, except I add the Wall Squats back in today. And because distraction makes time pass quicker, I kill a few seconds by trying to shoot some selfies from across the room.

Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary. The husband is on his way back from Boston where he's been for the past several weeks. Since we never know how bad traffic will be, especially on a Friday before a "holiday" weekend (no school Monday), we've decided to eat out tomorrow. We're going to check out a new place that opened up last month, in lieu of a place that had had a great reputation and excellent reviews last year. 

Something's changed this summer, and now there are horrible references to bad food, insect infestations in the food, and the restaurant is now difficult to book, having removed themselves from the Open Table online system. You have to call them when they're open and hope they answer the phone. Uh, there's plenty of restaurants that we haven't tried yet so we'll pass on this one. Sadly, I guess we've missed their prime days...

It's rainy and gray today and tomorrow, with promises of cool dry weather on Sunday. (Just in time for the last day for the NY Renaissance Faire.) It's cool enough out for me to don flannel shirt and pants, and also rain boots even though it's just drizzly. Three quarters of my clothes are kid hand-me-downs, including the Bogs boots. Some of us are lucky like that!

6 October 2023 11:26- 12:46
Misty Friday Wedding Anniversary

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5580)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 135, 178-78

HGPU 17 w/ some kipping last 3 reps

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...