Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Abbreviated Workout

I promised to drop by my friend's house around 1 pm so I couldn't dawdle at the gym. Except that it always seems to take me a long time to get to the gym when I have errands to do before the gym, because no one wants to be trapped behind a school bus (after the gym) and that's very likely once 2 pm hits on a school day. 

I get everything done that I need to do but that meant I skipped any extras. I can do those tomorrow since we'll be driving those painful 6 hours to Buffalo for parents weekend on Thursday. Which means no gym until next week. 

What's a bit worrisome is the weather channel's feature about a storm currently brewing on the West coast of the US. The forecast shows the same storm traveling eastward and dumping the first snow of the season on the mid-West before hitting the East coast and pelting the northeast with up to 3" of cold rain. What great weather for a homecoming football game, which we will not be attending.

 
While the humidity is still high, temps have been dropping and I enjoy the lack of biting insects. However, my skin isn't as forgiving and my thumb is starting to fissure. Band-aids and vaseline are a necessary staple in winter in the northeast.

10 October 2023 11:17-12:27
Brisk Sunny Tuesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5444)
Distance: 2.80
Cal: 308
Avg Hr: 137, 175-115

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...