Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Post-Travel

I haven't been to the gym in a week so I wasn't sure how bad today was going to feel. Last Wednesday my lower eyelids were burning, which for me, is a sign that I'm worn out and on the verge of getting sick. Uh oh. I take a double dose of black elderberry and skip the gym. We drove up to Buffalo on Thursday and it's an all-day trip. We're able to deliver various items to our son on campus on Friday but we can't take him to dinner because he has an evening calculus exam. Saturday we take him for a late lunch/early supper before returning to campus to watch a magic show. The finale was extremely entertaining!

Although our son expressed interest in visiting the Buffalo AKG Art Museum on Sunday, he's so tired that he sleeps in. My hubs and I visit the museum on our own and spend a few hours walking through the new wing and a Clyfford Stills exhibit. So, I do get some walking in over the trip, but mostly, a lot of sitting while we drive.

I'm tired, of course, when the alarm sounds this morning and in mid-dream. I take the dogs to the park, we meet dog friends. I get a text from my son that his boots (that he wears literally every day) are dying. Which means he needs me to mail him the new boots I bought him over the summer. Why couldn't he have told me this last week when I asked him what else he needed for us to bring up to him? Because he didn't even notice the state of his footwear until I pointed out how worn they looked. Then he notices the seams are pulling apart. I'm going to send him some shoe glue, pop sticks, and of course, a new pair of Chelsea boots. But I'll put heel taps on them first.

I get to the gym after 11:30 and drop off a set of car keys with a gym tag on it. We found it on the shoulder of a local road when we were checking our car tires. It doesn't have any identification except for the gym tag. There was no car parked in the vicinity so very weird. I'm tired and I don't make it to 2.8 miles today. I'm lucky I can get a few pull-ups, twice. Everything else is routine: planks, dead-bugs, push-ups, air squats... I even get 90 seconds of Wall Squats. And after my second set of pull-ups, I'm done...

The roof of my mouth is sore and that's another warning sign that I'm on the verge of getting sick. Ugh. So, I might or might not exercise tomorrow. And now Google isn't allowing me to access my own images to my own blog. So the workaround is to use Google Chrome (not my favorite) just for this. Grrrrr.

17 October 2023
Brisk Cloudy Tuesday (& I might be getting sick)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5426)
Distance: 2.78
Cal: 306
Avg Hr: 137, 176-115

HGPU 15

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s

HGPU 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...