Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Raining All Week

I got to the gym too late to get on my favorite elliptical and the cross-trainers were vacant. I don't like these machines much and 20 minutes is probably my limit. It does give me the option of using arms or no arms but there's no backward pedaling for me. (That gives me horrible shin splints.) I cut my cardio time down 10 minutes and wrangle in my two sets of pull-ups today. Flex time! Kidding. But any pull-up past a dozen is awesome. Nowhere near the 20 I used to get, but not so bad. 

I could do DB Shoulders today. But I also need to go to the grocery afterward. And I also want to shop for exercise clothes at the discount store Marshall's because they usually have a decent selection that, here is the important part, you can try on in the fitting room to see if it really fits instead of having to go home, try it on and then bring it back. I'd go today but I can't leave milk sitting inside a hot car, and the grocery is in the same shopping plaza as the gym, whereas Marshall's is actually across from the highway in the next town... I guess I'll get milk today and look for clothes tomorrow. Meanwhile, I decide to add the Wall Squats back to the routine. But just for today.

While pedaling away, I see the tall brunette who'd been chatting with Square Jaw the other day. It's definitely not the Mayor! There are a lot of Latino kids here today, boys trying to chat up girls in skinny strap tanks and shorts. There are also seniors, a lot whom I recognize by sight. I'm glad they're not dead from the pandemic. 

Next week we're driving to Buffalo to move my son into his dorm room. He found out last night that he and his friend now have a temporary third roommate. This boy either didn't get his housing application in on time or was accepted late off the wait list. Apparently we'll get a housing discount credited to our account for every day that he stays. I phoned to ask where the additional housing will come from and the Campus Living department said that students graduate early, or unenroll, or move off campus, and then housing becomes available. Sounds very arbitrary. Meanwhile I'm wondering how they're going to squeeze another bed (bunk beds?), chair and desk into a room meant for two students. 

Yesterday I read an interesting article about a subset of glaucoma that is caused by an immunity issue. The cells normally can't enter the eye but are transformed in the gut with the help of a protein, mechanism unknown, that gives the T-cells the ability to enter the retina and cause inflammation. While that's fascinating, it's also scary...

16 Aug 2023
Wednesday Rainy Morning Blazing Afternoon Then Rain Again

LF cross-trainer #3
Program 1 manual
Time: 20 + 5
Distance: 2.75
Cal: 201
Avg Hr: 134-146

HGPU 14

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s

HGPU 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...