Monday, August 21, 2023

Getting Comfortable with Dumpy

I was looking for some bar soap I had stashed when I found two pairs of GAP joggers that I had bought a few years ago, ostensibly as dog park pants. However, the fabric of both pairs were dog hair magnets, so not very practical. They also seemed large in the waist, although the leg length and snug cuffed ankles meant that I didn't need to hem. Plus, they both had pockets. I promptly forgot about them. Until they were rediscovered and I realized I could try them as gym pants. Neither pair is black, but it's not like I'd wear these anywhere else anyway.

I also put on one of the new "sports" bras. This one is a NB and relatively comfortable (not binding since I'm very sensitive to pressure). The new tanks haven't arrived, so I put on one of the "cropped" tanks I got last month. Not happy with how short it is, but I like the pattern and fabric. The dogs and I stayed a bit later at the Bark Park so they could play with a pup they haven't seen in a long time. Then I had a few errands before I got to the gym. There's also a lot of overdue roadwork happening which slows everyone down because lanes are closed for tree trimming, guardrail replacement, paving. 

The gym seems busy but I can use the elliptical and I'm happy with it. Pull-ups always surprises anyone paying attention. I manage two sets today before and after Core in the Aerobics Room. There are other people exercising there and thankfully the a/c is running. The pants don't bind and are very comfortable. Actually, all my clothes are comfortable. It's only me that's unhappy with the way I look. Losing 10 lbs would really help, but that's going to take a bit of planning. Meanwhile, I survive the painful 90 seconds for elbow planks, and another 90 seconds of torturous Wall Planks. 

I'll probably do the DB Shoulder routine tomorrow. I won't lie: I started to get sore and stiff a few hours after I finished on Friday. That's a good thing. It didn't last long and it wasn't debilitating, so even better. Maybe I'll actually finish that 3rd set. No gym for the rest of the week as we're driving my son to college. It feels a bit unreal, but not at all unexpected. The dogs will be totally confused though. I hope they understand FaceTime...

16 Aug 2023 11:45-
Unenthusiastic Monday
(Testing new workout clothes)

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5714)
Distance: 2.87
Cal: 321
Avg Hr: 148, 186-87

HGPU 15

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Elbow Plank 90s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga
Wall Squats 90s

HGPU 14




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...