Thursday, August 5, 2021

Paying for It

No mask when I'm alone
in the Aerobics Room
This morning while brushing my teeth, my outer right calf feels like a wire pulled too tight. There's normally some discomfort first thing but today it's notched up a few degrees. I suspect I'm paying for yesterday's ramped up cardio workout. Hopefully, a slightly milder workout will calm things down.

The elliptical program I use today has two major inclines and descents with steep angles. While the sciatica improves with movement, bringing my knees higher aggravates a different injury: left lower back. The left side is prone to muscle spasms under the shoulder blade as well as over the left back hip. I'm having trouble discerning which muscle is causing the trouble as I don't think fascia itself has nerve endings but I could be wrong. I'm guessing it's all due to prior injuries.

I use my time in the Aerobic Room to loosen the tightness in my hips and hope that will allow me to do Seated Cable Rows without aggravating my back. Of course, I still do planks and push-ups and stretching but I bail on Air Squats. My hammer-grip pull-ups are better than earlier in the week. I cut my sets at the Cable machine because the back feels okay but not great. However, the sciatica doesn't bother me now (unlike this morning when hitting the gas meant extending the leg with some discomfort). Tomorrow I plan another Cardio Day but maybe use different machines...

5 Aug 2021
Hazy Thursday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 2
HR 80- 192 av 144
Cal 317
Distance 2.85

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Skip Air Squats 25 left lower back

HGPU 15

EZ Seated Cable Rows
70lbs x 15 reps
77.5 x 12
85 x 10, 10, 10
70 x 15
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer's Gonna Be Unbearable

It was already near 60F when I woke up this morning. Already too freakin' hot! Dogs were panting after a few quick romps through the par...