Thursday, August 19, 2021

Pain Will Stop You Every Time

Today is the first day back in the gym in a week and only to walk on the treadmill and take a shower. While I'm still sleeping on my face because side sleeping and on my back still isn't possible, I can tolerate sitting for brief periods, depending on what I'm sitting on. Car seats are absolutely the worst, most painful things I've ever experienced except for my first night in bed. Driving is hard but at least it's not my driving leg that's afflicted. 

Taking the Amtrak to Albany wasn't great but I was able to stand for a portion of the ride back because we'd secured the 4-seat space. Sitting at the amphitheater in upstate NY wasn't too bad since the seats were low and I had the aisle where I could stretch my leg out. Walking and standing are still okay. Tromping through the dog park is okay. Slowly, the inflammation is getting better. I'm not sure I'll be able to last 8 weeks sleeping on my face though. I need to call my health insurance company to see if I can't get an MRI before I do irreparable damage to my eyes. Today I saw a newspaper ad for a Sleep Chair and at first I laughed. But then, I wished that my issue could be solved with something as simple as a magical chair.

I haven't attempted any sciatica relief exercises yet as that requires I get down on the floor and the last time I tried, it nearly made me cry to get back up. I have another chiropractor appointment tomorrow, so we'll see how painful that is before I try things on my own... 

19 Aug 2021
Sciatic Thursday

True Alpine Treadmill
Time: 30 min
Speed 1.5, 2.0, 2.5
Incline 0, 2.0,
Distance: 1.14
Cal: 118
HR 149, 83, av 98, high 205
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer's Gonna Be Unbearable

It was already near 60F when I woke up this morning. Already too freakin' hot! Dogs were panting after a few quick romps through the par...