Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Cardio Day Again

I'm virtually the only person at the gym wearing a mask. It's Cardio Day so my mask is drenched by the time I cool down in the Aerobics Room. However, when I go to the grocery store at the other end of this strip, nearly half the folks are masked. 

Now, perhaps we can assume that people going to the gym are all vaxxed and don't feel sick or otherwise impaired, and we don't actually have any mandate to wear a mask yet unless we're not vaxxed or have been exposed. And perhaps we can assume that people have no choice but to grocery shop (whereas going to the gym isn't considered a necessity) regardless of their health and vax status, so people mask up. Plus, retail workers face greater exposure from the public than the limited membership that enters an exercise facility.

But I wear a mask at the gym where I'm breathing hard for an hour on equipment where other people have panted and sweated before me, and I don't wear a mask at the store where the aisles aren't populated and no one is grunting, groaning or sweating. If the county's infection rate continues to rise though, I'm sure I'll be donning a mask at the store once again. But never at the Bark Park.

It's Cardio Day and between the elliptical and the cross-trainer, I've pedaled about five and three quarter miles today. I've also been watching snippets of the Tokyo Olympics women's skateboarding where I see 12 and 13 year olds fly fearlessly into the air. Impressive! Tomorrow I hope to have enough time to do Seated Cable Rows, and then, maybe I'll try another Cardio Day on Friday. 

I have been sleeping better lately, but only because I've been popping 3 mg of melatonin an hour or two before bedtime. That's helped my quality of sleep tremendously although I'm still waking up at 3 am just to pee. But that's because I'm constantly sipping water due to the dry mouth the glaucoma meds impart. Glaucoma meds tend not to just dry out the eyes to lower eyeball pressure; they dry out everything. I use artificial tears and lubricant eye drops for relief, especially when I'm feeling foggy and unfocused. It turns out that remedying dry eyes helps a lot.

4 Aug 2021
Cardio Wednesday

Precor elliptical
30 min + 5 cool down
Program 1
HR 202-86, 136 av
Cal 317
Distance 2.85

LF cross-trainer
20 min + 5 cool down
Program Manual 1
HR 146
Cal 201
Distance 2.91

Matrix StepMill
10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
HR 151
Cal 77
Steps 529
Floors 33

Crunches 60
Piriformis Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga
Air Squats 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer's Gonna Be Unbearable

It was already near 60F when I woke up this morning. Already too freakin' hot! Dogs were panting after a few quick romps through the par...