Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Not Winter Yet

I didn't leave the house yesterday except to walk the dogs. They were mad that the Bark Park was out of the question due to high winds, torrential rain, flash flood warnings, and a tornado advisory. We went to the park early today but a lot of dogs were already there. Bummer. It meant that my pups were not afforded the freedom to run from end to end because some of the testier canines might take offense. We left after an hour. Pups did get some run time in, but it wasn't exhaustive by any means. I still got to the gym later than I'd like. I'm not comfortable working out with a lot of kids, or even a lot of regulars because so many of them are careless about their masks. People feel compelled to remove their masks when speaking, even into their phones. 

Meanwhile, infection rates continue to rise even in our county. Over the weekend, we got a call from a friend who lives a few roads away. We haven't seen them in several weeks because we don't socialize except at Scout events. It turns out that two members of their family just tested positive. The father suspects his wife caught it from their son who caught it from the dojo he attends. We don't go to that school/gym: I checked it out some years ago and wasn't impressed by their layout or their staff to student ratio. It's under new management now, but still... Our "dojo" (the word is Japanese and kung fu is Chinese so technically not a dojo) does a temperature check at the door and parents either drop off or sit in their cars for the hour like I do. 

I do my cardio, core abdominal exercises, stretch, and then pull some weights on the Seated Cable Row. I was going to do Inclined Presses but the Smith was occupied by a fellow who feels the need to walk into the Aerobic Room (for no apparent reason) between sets. No thanks. I'll look at that tomorrow. Meanwhile, the sciatica only bothers me intermittently and thankfully, the other issue seems to have resolved itself. Yaaay me! 

1December2020
Tuesday After the Storm

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 1
HR 136, 180, 92, 85
Cal 314
Distance 2.83

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 10, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...