Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Fire Sale

Today is the last day that the local PetValu will be open and everything is for sale. The company has decided to close all its American stores and warehouses due to the pandemic. Stores in Canada remain open. Since it's the very last day, everything is 90% off. It's a good opportunity to buy high-end, normally really expensive kibble. Then off to the gym! The ellipticals were occupied but not the Expresso bikes. 

Time to get back on after literally months. It's harder than I remember but still a lot of fun. After only 20 minutes, I'm sweaty and thoroughly warmed up. My husband is doing a new routine in the Aerobics Room. I stick to abs and push-ups, but I only do 40 today. There's not a lot of members today so I have choices: inclined press or shoulder workout or maybe the stepper? 

I haven't done shoulders in weeks so that's what I choose. It's not as hard as I feared, almost as if I'd not taken a break. Maybe the combination of other exercises, not to mention last week's snow shoveling, have kept the shoulders in good working order? Meanwhile, at the dog park, I hear about shoulder replacement surgery from a woman who used to be a dog groomer, and from a fellow who runs an exhibit display business for museums. Whoa. I've heard a lot about hip and knee replacements, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised about artificial shoulders... 

A few minutes on the ClimbMill finishes my routine and I'm done. Later, my husband and I go back to the pet supply store and pick up a few more bags of kibble that's been marked down to $3 per 28 lb bag. Other varieties are $2.50 and $1.50 per bag because it's a fire sale: everything must go! Well, I'm not buying dog chow for at least 6 months now. Maybe even longer. 

29December2020
Sunny Tuesday

Expresso bike
20 min
Program Dragon Island
Points 150,200
HR 140-155
Cal 95
Distance 3.92

Crunches x 30 x 4
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 40
Quick Mat Stretch

DB raises supersets
lateral standing 15 lbs x 15 x 4
reverse inclined flys 15 lbs x 20 w/u
20lbs x 20 x 3

Matrix Step
Speed 6
Min 10
HR 138
Cal 80
Steps 550
Floors 34

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...