Monday, December 7, 2020

Makes No Sense At All

My husband had to drive home through the nor'easter on Saturday. Luckily, it was only a 20-mile stretch of white-out slippery roads on the interstate. Our immediate area experienced torrential rain and high winds. Sunday was sunny and cold. Today was sunny and cold. It's going to stay in the 30s until the end of the week when it'll warm up a tad, and bring more rain. On sunny mornings, the dogs go to the park to burn off puppy energy. Better to let them have zoomies in a fenced 1/2 acre than inside our tiny converted summer bungalow. 

I'm very thankful for those HotHands chemical hand warmers. (They're so much better than the little metal boxes with smoldering lighter fluid inside! But I don't want to think about the environmental impact of their disposal. They're non-toxic so that's a plus, but they do go in the trash when done.) I keep one tucked inside each glove while I stand outside in the cold while the pups frolic with friends. 

I get to the gym well past noon because I stopped off at a few stores beforehand. The local PetValu is closing all their US stores and warehouses by year-end, and I check in to see what might be worth buying. Yes, everything, including fixtures, is for sale, but the discounts applied to food, toys, and accessories vary from week to week. Even with a going-out-of-business discount, a lot of the pet foods are still more expensive here than at other stores or online. Today, I get a deal on some canned food that I know the pups will eat. They have dry food readily available but tend to ignore it unless topped with something tastier. Yep, spoiled kids.

I do routine cardio, core, and pulls some weights. I'm expecting the scale to display evidence of my dietary transgressions from this past weekend so I'm surprised that it actually reads less than it has for several weeks. It's a pleasant surprise but makes no sense at all. My clothes are still too tight, and it's telling that my first thought when I pull out a pair of pants I haven't seen in a while, is "Hmm. I wonder if I'm too fat to wear this?"  Luckily, no holiday parties this year to ruin the effort. It's just my own lack of will power and all that holiday candy that the "elves" have been stuffing into the Christmas stockings hanging around the house. Yep. Blame the damn elves... 

7December2020
Frigid Monday

Precor elliptical
35 min
Program 3
HR 143, 183, 91
Cal 312
Distance 2.82

Crunches x 60 x 2
Piriformis Stretch
Plank 60s
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Plank 60s
Pushups 50
Quick Mat Stretch

Seated Cable Row
70 lbs x 15 reps
85 x 12
92.5 x 10, 10, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...