Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Reluctance

I'm tired and a bit sore from Monday's workout so even though I aced the cardio and pullups, I felt like a slug at the end when I had but 3 supersets to complete for shoulders. Yes, the shoulders are tired.

My warped foot hasn't been thrilled with my return to wearing cowboy boots although the footwear is comfortable, I know the slight pitch of the heel is exacerbating my hammertoes. (And the big toe is still funky-looking!) At least I found a decent pair of boots that not only fit my son's wide foot but are a style he'll actually wear. I made the mistake of buying him Blundstone's for Christmas and the first pair was too big (heel slippage) or and the second pair slightly too narrow. My mistake was not returning the last pair immediately so now they sit in his room, virtually brand new while he wore boots that had split their seam (I could see his sock) in one boot and pulled away from the sole on the other.

I finally got lucky with Zappos.com and ordered a pair of Nunn Bush Chelsea-style boots. Although the toe appears pointy, there is apparently plenty of room inside and I find my son wearing these boots long after he's come home from school. His only concern was that they looked too dressy. I told him that they'll get scuffed up and then they won't seem fancy. I can tell he likes them because the old boots he wore to death have been abandoned. If he didn't like the new shoes, he'd be wearing the old ones regardless of how broken they are. I wish my feet were so easily shod.

I feel a little guilty only doing 25 pushups. The Aerobic Room is unusually crowded with three other people doing their own routines: floppy blonde, a more energetic woman, and a fellow I've never seen before. The gym itself is also busy. At the Seated Cable Row, I finally notice that the body opposite my station has a maroon hoodie pulled over his head. I can only see his lower face with short beard. I can't tell if it's actually Maroon or not. He might've noticed when I noticed him because then he was gone. Or I'm hallucinating.

At the Smith, I'm sorely tempted to do a few light RDLs, but I talk myself out of it. Just three sets of RG BB Rows. The small adjustable inclined bench is sitting in the Smith area so I move it slightly out of the way as I'll be using it later. I see B on the big adjustable inclined bench in the DB area doing preacher curls. She wouldn't have to do bicep work if she would just do a few chin ups, but I'm pretty sure she can't. I like the smaller bench for doing Reverse Inclined Flys because the seatback adjustment knob isn't in the way on the downstroke the way it is with every other inclined bench at this gym.

I'd really like to take a nap. But it's so sunny outside that I know I'm just going to run errands instead. I need to wean my dogs off the brands the rescue fed them (Royal Canin and Science Diet), but one pup seems to be scratching more now that I've added Wellness Complete to their bowl. WC was the brand the last pup ate so I have an entire 30 lb bag of it. I hope it's not a chicken allergy which, unheard of 10 years ago, is becoming much more prevalent. There's chicken everywhere in dogfood.


Wednesday Back & Delts

30 + 5 cd elliptical
Program 3
Miles 2.94
Calories 331
HR 168-204 (93)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 24

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 25

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
85 x 12
92.5 x 12, 10, 8

Smith RG BB Row
Bar (30) x 15
80 lbs x 25 reps x 3 sets

DB Laterals s/s Rev Incl Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...