Friday, March 6, 2020

Exercising While Hungry

I went to my appointment this morning and afterward stopped off at the CVS to make use of a few coupons to buy 12 bottles of Ensure (16 gms protein) for under $12. I drink one every day after exercising. It's the only way I remember to take my vitamins! It was still morning, albeit late, so I went to the gym. Fridays are normally quiet, especially after the morning crowd has gone. I had my pick of cardio machines, and even though I did the elliptical and StepMill yesterday, I did them again today. But today I spaced them out a bit. And added pullups, walking lunges and seated leg curls.

The only problem with working out so late is that I was hungry the entire time. Ugh. Hunger makes fatigue almost unbearable. I almost talked myself out of doing walking lunges, but luckily I don't listen to myself much. I drank a lot of water to soothe the tummy rumbles. I felt exhausted on the StepMill and there was no singing at all. Too tired. But not too tired, apparently, to do pullups a second time. Go figure.

I see a lot of familiar faces from when I used to come later in the day. They haven't changed much either. But I'm so tired and hungry that I skip the Mat Stretch at the end of my workout because I'm in a hurry to shower and get back to my car where I have an ice-cold bottle of vanilla Ensure waiting for me. It's the little things that make us happy.

Cardio Friday + Legs

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 1
Miles 2.93
Calories 330
HR 147-194 (100, 90, 94)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 24

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60
Sideway Scissors 60
Crunches 60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s
PushUps 25

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 127
Total steps 828
Floors 51
HR 102

HGPU 23

Walking Lunges
31+30=61

1-Leg Seated Leg Curls
15lbs x 12
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...