Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Day Two of a Three-Day Week

I don't normally follow a Push Day immediately with a Pull Day, unless like today, we're in a shortened week, because it's a Holiday week. Not just any holiday, but Thanksgiving. We have plans and they don't include working out. Hopefully, I won't get too fat. Kidding. I'm gonna get fat.

The gym fills up fast. A lot of folks may have the entire week off. The painters are still painting. It's never going to end. Even though it's a Pull Day, I skip doing pull-ups because I did them yesterday. It's better for my elbows if I don't do them every day. I do everything else though.

I spend the most time doing Seated Cable Rows. I only do Smith RDLs because I don't want to lose a full-body movement but I'm over feeling guilty about only pulling my bodyweight. Sight is more important and there is some danger in rising IOPs (interocular pressure) when lifting heavy. Most of my time is spent with Seated Cable Rows. One hundred pounds seems to be my limit here. Any heavier and my lower back starts to complain -- I'd rather not risk any discs. I'm stubborn but I try not to be stupid.

The gym fills up quickly but at least by the time I'm done with weights, the cardio platform has emptied. Yaaay me because I've cooled down too much to stretch. Lifting weights does not make me sweat unless the room is uncomfortably warm. Cardio brings my temperature back up so I'm limber again. The stretch area is crowded with drop cloths and ladders so once again I'm in the CF space by the front door. It's okay. I get done what needs to be done. Tomorrow I'll concentrate on cardio and pull-ups. Yep, I've got it all planned out.

Meanwhile, I'm looking through the Korean dog rescue site for a new pup or two. I'm told by the site admins that it's much better if we already have dogs, or if we adopt two dogs. So, now to start again. Our "foster" pup has gone home and is overjoyed to be a dog again with his original family. I'm very happy that it has all worked out.


Foggy Tuesday Pull

30 elliptical + 5cd
Program 2
Miles 2.87
Calories 321
HR 154-192 (79, 87)

Cage Stretch

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Horizontal Scissors 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Smith RDL
Bar (30) x 15
80 x 12
100 x 12
110 x 12

Smith RG BB Rows
80 x 25 x 3

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
77.5 x 12
85 x 12
90 x 12
95 x 12
100 x 12

RG BB Curls
40 lbs x 25 reps x 3 sets

20 elliptical + 5cd
Program 2
Miles 2.06
Calories 230
HR 139-190 (117)

Quick Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...