Friday, November 15, 2019

Salvaging Today's Workout Yesterday

Yesterday I woke up dizzy and nauseous. That happens when I truly haven't gotten enough sleep. I skipped the gym and tried to go back to sleep after driving my son to the school bus stop. When I'm tired I have trouble staying warm. So fully dressed and huddled under a light down comforter, I also had on a fleece hat, cashmere gloves (clearance sale item at Lands End), and alpaca wool socks. Eventually, I did fall asleep and felt boatloads better a few hours later.

If I don't listen to my body and try to make up at least a few hours, I'll get sick in spite of taking two Sambucol capsules daily. The capsules are laced with zinc and vitamin C which I'm not complaining about, but it's odd that if I take only 1 capsule a day, I have a nagging feeling in my throat. Two capsules (the recommended dosage no matter what) and that weird sensation disappears. I prefer the syrup as I think it's actually more effective, but my local CVS didn't have any in stock at a reasonable price. When I have coupons though, I can buy the large bottle for less than it would cost me on Amazon, which is mildly impressive. At least to me.

Today is a Cardio Plus day. It's not nearly as cold although 26F is still chilly. It takes me a long time to get from the parking lot to actually pedaling the elliptical. And because I'm cold, it takes me at least 15 minutes before I can take my hoodie off. Once I do though, everything is good. I knock out all my pull-ups and the rest of my cardio, while not effortless, isn't horribly painful. Having just enough sleep, even if it's far from the optimal 8 hours, is critical to a proper performance.

I skip the Octane in place of the Cross-Trainer. At some point I'll ride the Expresso bike again, but only after the competitions are over. My gym participates in cardio races that a lot of members enjoy. The gym looks odd all gray with a few yellow walls. I can see where a second coat of yellow would really be nice in eliminating splotchy patches. The painters aren't done yet, but I suspect they're focusing on doing the detail work now. Oh well...


Another Frigid Cardio Friday

30 min elliptical + 5cd
Program 3
Miles 2.90
Calories 325
HR 149-188 (77, 81, 101, 95)

Cage Stretch
HGPU 25

Elbow Plank 60s
Crunches 60/60
Leg horizontal scissors 60
Bicycles 60
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

20 Step Mill
Level 4
Calories 126
Total steps 826
Floors 51
HR 135

HGPU 25

15 X-trainer + 3 cd
Program manual 1
Calories 141
Miles 1.96
HR 138-148
(Both Feet numb/tingly)

HGPU 25

2:1 Seated Leg Curls
15lbs x 15
30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12

Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...