Friday, August 7, 2015

No Car, No Gym Today

I dropped my car off at the auto shop today and at some point I'll get a call telling me I have 4 brand new Cooper tires. Yaaaay! But meanwhile I'm stuck at home... it'll be 80F by this afternoon. When I took the dog out this morning, it was 59F. Weather is weird in NY in August. Am I going to make up Leg Day when I get back to the gym on Monday? Probably not.

I am trying to figure out how to get a full-size spare tire to replace the godawful donut that I never want to have to rely on ever again. Of course, with brand new tires I'll probably never need to use the spare, but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to take unnecessary chances. The Subaru-owner forums tell me that Subaru provides full-size spares for Foresters all over the world. Just not in the US. We're apparently satisfied with the donut. My hubs tells me that I can just order another same tire and rims on my own. He's got a full-size spare but he's got a 2005 Forester. And he bought his car used as well. I have no idea what this is going to cost me. Bleah.

On a positive note, scrolling through my local cinema's website to see what's playing next Tuesday, and halfway down the menu is Shaun the Sheep! It's not even on their list of Coming Soon movies. But there it is, and we're going to see it. My hubs says I seem more excited about it than my son. Maybe I am. I read that Fantastic Four got meh reviews. (But good to see Kate Mara getting work after being bumped off in House of Cards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...