Thursday, August 27, 2015

Whacking the Machine Again

Post Workout Selfie
I was a little worried about hitting the Nexersys more than once a week, but I had to know if proper hand wrapping would really protect me from serious knuckle damage. My hands aren't sore so that's good. I do my 10 minute warm up and spend a few minutes taping and wrapping before stuffing my hands into gloves. I've braided my hair and clipped it to my head, but the intensity of the Intermediate Follow Me workout causes my hair to fall loose from my head.

I'm constantly readjusting my hair between rounds and eventually I give up, happy just to clip the hair out of my face. At least it's braided so that it's not a wet ponytail smacking me in the face when I twist as I throw a Power Hook. I have favorite moves, and less successful blows, like the Lead Sweep. But I'm most happy with how my hands feel. Two of my fingers feel a bit odd, perhaps I've taped them a tad too tight, but my knuckles don't hurt, my hands don't hurt, and I haven't lost any skin. Yaaaay!

People constant walk past in my  peripheral vision. The machine doesn't register my Lead Kick. And is overly sensitive to my Cross and Power Body. I note with some caution the woman who mounts the mountain bike simulator closest to my machine. She has three bikes to choose from but of course, being somewhat oblivious, she chooses the one most likely to result in personal injury if she isn't careful. She's on the bike for maybe 15 minutes. 14 rounds means 56 minutes, of which 42 are active and 14 are rest minutes. When I'm done, I put my hoodie on and lay down on the Mat to stretch out my lower back. It's been really stiff this week. And my lats are still sore. It's hard for me to believe that my body-weight workout is actually harder on my body than pumping iron. The body is adaptable! I plan to maintain this workout for a few weeks, and then move back to weights. Eventually.

Thursday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   97 CAL
Distance: 0.05 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

5 r Beginner
9 r Intermediate
Lap/Rep :  14 Lap/Rep
Duration : 00:56:00

Photos posted for actual stats:

5 Rounds Beginner Follow Me


9 Rounds Intermediate Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...