Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week Four Day Two: Cardio and Abs

When you have tickets to see Despicable Me 2 in 3-D at 12:30 pm with your 8 year old, you make sure you have enough time to work out, stretch, shower and dress, imbibe appropriate beverages and snacks, purchase popcorn and find good seats. Today was an extremely abbreviated workout, essentially a cardio day. The first leg was a bit slow going as I felt stiff and a tad sore, but warmed up at minute 25 which seems rather late. Luckily I had intervals to do for the 2nd session and I felt much better, so much better that I started singing along with my iPod. The faster my pace, the more inclined I am to sing along (although I do it in a lip-synch fashion so no one actually hears me). Yep, I'm still singing along to Angel With a Shotgun (The Cab) and Ryan Star (Start a Fire). I wish Ryan Star had other good cardio songs because I like his voice -- no surprise there as I'm also partial to Jakob Dylan (The Wallflowers). They've got a new album (Glad All Over) which is pretty nice but not necessarily something I'd use at the gym.

First zuke of the season!
Week Four Day Two: Cardio & Abs
35 min Precor hill #5 = 3.92 miles + 35 min Intervals #7 = 4.47  Grand Total = 8.39 miles Yippee!
Cage Stretch with BW Heel Dips and Side Kicks
Torso Twist Machine: 2 x 25 @ 50 lbs
Ab Crunch Station: 100
Flat Bench Twisting Sit Ups: 200 (yep, I'm fast and sit ups are easy)
Mat Stretch with splits

I'm surprised that the gym scale reads 108.6 lbs because that's a 3 lb loss in 24 hours. Probably water retention from all the salty foods like salsa and chips, sausages and humus, beer and wine. Tonight we'll be eating a zucchini harvested this morning from our garden. Because I'll have more squash than I know what to do with (I don't think they dry well as a vegetable) if I don't, I've been harvesting the luscious yellow blossoms as well.

Tomorrow is Day Three and I'll be doing a few Back exercises. Thursday looks good for Leg Day, which leaves Friday to do Arms. Maybe I'll add the Upright Rows to Tri's and Bi's... I'm flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...