Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hump Day

Hump Day, humpty dumpty day, well, actually, it's Wednesday and I'm only going to do Back and Abs. After I do cardio, of course. Of course! I even ate a packet of instant apples & cinnamon oatmeal this morning and washed it down with instant Starbucks Via coffee. I like the dark French or Italian roasts because they hold up to a spoon of sugar and fake half 'n half. I used a straw to sip my coffee today because I'm still trying to get my upper and lower front teeth to match in color, and after using the dental bleach, I worry that my teeth are so porous that coffee'll just soak right in there. But they are brighter. Not movie star bright (like my dentist promised) but definitely whiter. At least I don't feel as if I've come from a 3rd world country where dental care is non-existent.

45 minutes and I'm happy with my 5.14 miles. I'm wearing a LLBean fitness hoodie today. I used to like them a lot but find that they retain odors even after washing, so I'm not very pleased with them anymore. If anything, I've become quite fond of the heavy cotton hoodies I got from Land's End. They soak up a lot of sweat, and they wash out clean.

Back day means Cable Rows, Back Extensions, Pull Downs, and eventually Reverse Grip Barbell Rows. I do 3 sets of rows with 12 reps at 90 lbs, followed by another 3 sets of 8 reps at 105 lbs. My elbows feel OK so I'm not wearing elbow braces for this. It's not until I decide to do close grip chin ups that I need to wrap my forearms. I forgot how much fun it is to chin yourself and get your head to peek over the cage. I'm only good for 10 but it was worth it. Pull downs suck today. Even with my forearms wrapped, my grip on the bar is tenuous so I have to be satisfied with 5 sets of 10 reps at 90 lbs. I figure it's better than not doing them at all. After abs (torso twist, twisting situps, lower ab kickouts, weighted inclined situps), I grab the 50 lb barbell, saunter over to the mirrored wall and proceed to squeak out 6 sets. My goal is 15 reps per set, but by the 5th set, I'm lucky to get 12 reps with my form intact.

No biceps today. I'm going to save myself for an Arm Day on Friday. Right now, my forearms are sore and marked up from the pressure of the elbow braces and it'll take a while for those rather alarming but harmless indentations to fade. I go stretch out to Billy Idol and head toward the showers. The scale reads 106.4 and I'm good with that. Tomorrow's a Leg Day but other than Squats, Deadlifts and Seated Leg Curls, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Maybe I'll add a few Pistol Squats back in for fun. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combo Day

The dogs were still at the boarding kennel with baths and nail trimming scheduled so I didn't need to get up too early today. In fact, I...