Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heat Wave Wednesday

You know it's hot outside when the gym actually feels comfortably cool when you enter from the parking lot. Still, I had my hoodie on and was ready for Leg Day. Well, not really ready ready. I'm still feeling sluggish, and when I got dressed this morning, I looked down and thought my belly looked a bit bloated. If I wasn't 52 years old, I'd think I was ovulating or something. Or maybe I am. I have to admit that I always felt pretty good during the actual menstrual cycle, unless I had cramps, which wasn't that often.

45 min of cardio gives me 5.02 miles and since it's Leg Day, I opt to do another 20 minutes of intervals which gives me an additional 2.29 miles so that's 7.31 miles. Okay, I feel pretty good now and I take my drippy sweaty self to the stretch cage and do a bunch of side-kicks and calf stretches. 3 sets of seated leg curls for hamstrings (15 reps at 75 lbs) and then to the Smith machine for Squats. I do 6 sets of 15 reps at 95 lbs and I can't stop sweating even though I've stripped off the sopping hoodie and have drunk half my water already. Afterwards, I put my elbow braces on, set up a plastic step under the bar and do 6 sets of Deadlifts (12 reps at 95 lbs). I'm so tired afterwards I manage to only do 1 pistol squat just to see if I can still do them. I can but my quads (thighs) are complaining. I still need to do abs and stretch and shower before rushing off to meet the school bus!

Since the school doesn't have a/c, I'm kinda glad it's a half day. We don't have a/c either, but a system of fans that keeps our house at a reasonable temperature. I sigh. The gym scale needs a new battery so I have no idea what I weigh, and the ladies are all outside chatting with the saleswoman selling some sort of Age Defying Elixir. I weigh myself when I get home but that's not altogether all that accurate since the home scale tends to weigh lower. It reads 104.8 lbs and I know it's lying but I don't care. I read Gina Kolata's article in yesterday's NYT and laugh because now Exercise Addicted Scientist also claim that they exercise because it feels good. Well, duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combo Day

The dogs were still at the boarding kennel with baths and nail trimming scheduled so I didn't need to get up too early today. In fact, I...