Monday, December 11, 2023

Weary Monday

Weekends are always stressful since the spouse is home and spends free time drinking and cursing out streaming movies and shows. It's a small house so I can hear this in every room and it's worse when I'm trying to sleep as I've not mastered the art of sleeping with earbuds. I got really depressed when I found out that he's home from now until after the Holidays. It's like there's no escape from the chaos; alcoholics tend to behave and think like bratty 4-year olds. I like my quiet time. I like watching movies and shows without having to pause every few minutes because someone has to announce another conspiracy theory they were just privy to. Or gruesome war strategies.

There's no one at the dog park today and it's I make it to the gym today and it's crowded with regulars and people I've never seen before. Colleges might be letting out for the Holidays...

I fully expect to tank my cardio, especially since the only available machine is sandwiched between machines 1 and 3. But I do sing to myself with my eyes closed, only peeking at the monitor to know when to reverse pedaling. I'm still shocked I made it to 2.9, but just barely. It's late so la Grande Dame is already in the Stretch Cage by the time I'm done, so I'll catch it one the way back. I'm tempted to do 10 minutes on the Stair machine, but think better of it. Core and some hip stretches are what's on the menu.

Everything feels okay, even Walking Lunges and Wall Squats. The Stretch Cage is vacant when I walk past to the locker room so of course I have to do a set of pull-ups. They feel pretty good until I get past a dozen, then they're progressively harder. The last one is only a partial rep, but truthfully, I always fare better right after cardio than after everything else. I finally got a hoodie that "fits" properly from Lands End. It's a tad big even though it's a size S women's, but it fits better than their current selection of kids hoodies where no matter the size, the arms are too narrow. How can you sell a size XL Husky hoodie with arms that fit a Medium? They used to fit proportionately, but their new supplier has cut corners... 

I have a glaucoma doc appt tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if I'll make it to the gym. But I just discovered that Hayao Mizayaki's The Boy and the Heron is playing locally, and tomorrow is $5 Tuesday, so perhaps I'll catch that show afterward. Since Mizayaki is 82 years old, this is probably his last film (renowned for their hand-drawn beauty). I'm tempted to avoid mentioning this to the spouse just so he doesn't ruin the experience. 

Last night I woke up to use the bathroom and when I returned to bed, the snoring was too loud for me to fall asleep again. The snoring is always worse when the drinking has been massively excessive. After an hour of sleeplessness, I took refuge in my kid's room, but he'll be back for the holidays by Friday. I guess I'll be on the sofa unless I can make the living room floor more comfortable... like indoor camping. I mean, we do have sleeping bags and foam cushion camping mats after all. And the dogs are very quiet at night.

11 December 2023 11:49-1:12
Sleepless Monday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5768)
Distance: 2.90
Cal: 325
Avg Hr: 1 63, 194-144

Skip HGPU 17 Grande Dame

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists
Walking lunges 42 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s

HGPU 17.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...