Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Program 3 is Always Good for Distance

Yesterday was a long day and I didn't even go to the gym. The dogs went to the park and I had a little bit of time before my eye doc appointment, so a lot of household chores got done, like emptying ashes out of the wood stove, and sweeping up all the dog fur. Dogs aren't shedding as heavily, but that doesn't mean they've stopped. I can feel the welts forming on the side of my thighs in reaction to the cold and dry air of winter. It's not full-blown hives. Yet. But it's coming. And there's nothing that's been able to prevent it from happening. Not hydrocortisone. Not petroleum jelly. No amount of moisturizing or topical steroids has ever helped since this started happening.

My eye exam went well, with IOPs down for one eye (12!) and stable for the other (14). I have a new Visual Field test in 3 months, and then an appointment to discuss those results. It's a few hours later by the time I get done and I stop off at a local mall because it has both Spenser's and Hot Topic: shops that cater to culturally relevant social media T-shirts and hoodies. I can always find some Rick & Morty shirts that I haven't seen before, and more importantly, that my husband doesn't already own. 

I'm still buying him gifts even though the last 4 days have been depressing because he's literally spend the past 4 days drunk. Noisy drunk screaming at whatever show he's watching on his computer. Drunk arguing in his sleep. Drunk to the point I'm finding Corelle dinner plates in the trash and the fridge emptied of foods that should've lasted a week. Because drunks have no self-control, childish appetites and no memory of anything they've done. 

I treated myself by not going home immediately. Instead, I watched The Boy and the Heron and I had the theater to myself until 3 minutes before the 4:35 showing. I'd selected a centrally-located aisle seat. A young woman walks in and chooses a seat directly across the aisle from me. Apparently this is the best viewing spot. One minute before showtime, a weird guy stomps in muttering and plants himself directly behind me. Ugh. The entire theater is empty and he has to sit right behind me. And he keeps making weird noises. Five minutes into the film, I toss my coat and bag into the seat in front of me and move forward. Really happy the weird dude stayed put. 

When I get home, I take the dogs out for their evening walk, make their dinner, make dinner for me and the passed out husband. Because he'll want dinner when he wakes up, and after he stumbles off to bed, I'll rifle through the trash to rescue flatware, cups, dishes. I'm tired of being married to a 4-year old. And I've decided to spend as little time at home when he's like that. Dealing with thar is too stressful.

Today he appears to be sober. Appearances can be deceiving though. Dogs go to the park. I go to the gym. I'm late and the gym is a bit crowded. Well, at least I can get on an elliptical. Program 3 is good for distance because very little of the course is at low "altitude" and I find it easier to pedal hard and fast. Still, I'm surprised to make it to 2.93, especially since I didn't feel strong when I started. My shoulder and elbow/forearm right side are also bothering me. Maybe I slept on that side a bit weird? Pull-ups are good for the first dozen, and then lose strength, but I manage to get to 17. The free weight area isn't too crowded yet, but it will be as soon as the HS lets out, so I do weights and save the Aerobics Room for last. 

I'm in my car by the time I see teens in groups of twos and threes cross the parking lot and head toward the gym. Made it out just in time! 

13 December 2023 11:39-1:13
Chilly Wednesday

Precor elliptical #2
Program 3
Time: 30+5 (5876)
Distance: 2.93
Cal: 330
Avg Hr: 157, 209-81

HGPU 17

Skull crushers / RipSkulls
30 lbs x 12/12 reps x 3 sets

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper stretch w side bends & twists
Walking lunges 43 steps total
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
Wall Squat 90s

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...