Friday, December 8, 2023

Wake Up Tired? Go Exercise!

I woke up tired and sore today. I hope I'm not getting sick but having my lower lids burn a bit always makes me cautious. It's not quite as cold at the dog park but I'm still bundled up and again, no other pups for mine to play with. I get to the gym late because I'm dragging. I wasn't rested when the alarm sounded and I could've easily slept another 30 minutes. My forearms and shoulders are slightly sore from yesterday's workout. The worse thing I can do is wear myself out, so I adjust today's workout.

Cardio gets cut back 10 minutes and I change the program to Intervals. I add those 10 minutes back with the Stair machine, but pull-ups get interspersed between. The last thought I remember before hoisting myself up is that fatigue doesn't usually impact strength. Definitely cardio, but not strength. At least for me. Which means I'm still able to get my reps today.

The gym's not crowded with only a smattering of regulars, but I'm running late and the HS kids are starting to trickle in. I cut out most of the Core movements except for stretches, Dead Bugs, Bird Dog planks and push-ups. My legs are tired enough without Air Squats and Wall Squats! I don't feel too bad when I leave but by early evening, naps are looking like a good idea.

8 December 2023 11:47-1:11
Fatigue Friday
(abbreviated double cardio)

Precor elliptical #1
Program Intervals
Time: 20+5 (3564)
Distance: 2.02
Cal: 218
Avg Hr: 136, 194-83

HGPU 18

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-57)
Steps 525
Floors 32
Cal 77
Hr 145

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5 alt/ss = 100
20 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg bridges
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Neck stretch / Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...