Friday, December 20, 2019

Do Over Workout

Today's workout was actually better although I've had substantially less sleep. My husband is on vacation and forgets that school isn't over yet and I have to get up at 6 am just to get ready. At the last minute, my hubby awakens and tosses his clothes on to take my son to the school bus stop, and then we're off to the gym.

I'm pedaling with a little more focus today so I actually come close to 5 miles in 30 minutes. Much better than yesterday. But I'm surprised when the bike program suggests a 5-minute cooldown so I skip that. I'm not sweating. Not even a little. But the ball of my right foot is tingly and numb. Ugh. I can stretch awkwardly in the Stretch Cage and then hobble off to the Aerobics Room to do crunches and the like. I'm wearing the softest sneakers two days in a row, something I'd never normally do, but I can't bear to put my foot in anything with a less forgiving fabric.

The little tag inside my lifting gloves is irritating my palms and I pull them out. I'll try to remember to snip them off when I get home. Most of my clothes have their tags cut off for just that reason. (I know I'm not the only one, or why else would manufacturers proudly advertise their tag-free garments?) I manage to get my sets in on the Smith for Inclined Presses and half of the DB supersets before my hubby texts me that he's done and sitting in the coffee bar area. I'm surprised and disappointed. He's run out of juice early doing a new circuit training routine. Probably that lack of sleep and coffee isn't helping him any either. Oh well. This is why I don't work out with a partner. Seriously. It'd be hard if not damn near impossible to find someone who works out the way I do.

Meanwhile, the toe is throbbing a bit but doesn't look any different when I peel off the bandaids and gauze. I'm curious to see how, when and if (because sometimes although rarely, it doesn't) the toenail grows back. But that's just me.

Do Over Friday Pull

30 min recumbent bike
Manual Level 1
Miles 4.91
Calories 138
HR 110-120

Cage Stretch

Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Horizontal Scissors 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Smith Inclined Press
Bar (30) x 15
50 x 15 (bar wobbly)
70 x 25, 25, 25

DB Laterals s/s Rev Inclined Flys
20 lbs x 12/20 reps x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...