Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Eve Workout

I didn't make it yesterday or all weekend. However, I did manage to squeeze some cardio, core and pull a few weights before the gym closed early today. It is Christmas Eve after all, and most places like the gym and grocery are closed tomorrow. And rightly so. Commerce isn't everything.

My foot is still not happy wearing closed-toe shoes but it's not practical to run around in squishy slippers everywhere, although I did try. I need a shoe with a substantial sole, otherwise, I can feel the rock salt through the skimpy slipper bottoms. The toe is still gross to look at and continues to weep a bit, but I think I can see the nail growing back. Yaaay! Next week I'm supposed to do away with the bandaging altogether. My follow-up appt with the doc is the following week when he'll have the biopsy results. I'm trying not to think about it too much, always fearing the worst.

Because I got to the gym late, I didn't have time for a normal workout, so no additional cardio after a few sets of moving heavy things. Or not so heavy things, but moving them a lot. I'm better making small 5 lb jumps in weight when the weight stack leaps by 15 lbs a plate. That might be fine for bigger folks. It's too much of a jump for a small movement like Seated Cable Rows for someone small like me.

I did notice a muscley-guy who was surprisingly limber -- the only guy I've ever seen here actually able to bend over with legs spread while seated on the floor, and mostly get his torso parallel with the ground. I admit I had to work hard to achieve that "chest flat on the floor" position.

In the women's locker room I can hear The Mayor cackling with his buddies. They're not in the locker room but he's so loud that it seems as if he is. Ugh.

Tuesday Pull Workout

30 min recumbent bike
Manual Level 1
Miles 4.42
Calories 133
HR 128

Cage Stretch
HGPU 25

Crunches 60/60
Bicycles 60
Horizontal Scissors 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

Seated Cable Rows
70 x 12
77.5 x 12
85 x 12
90 x 12
95 x 12
100 x 10

Smith RG BB Rows
Bar (30) x 15
80 lbs x 25 reps x 3 sets

Quick Mat Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...