Thursday, December 19, 2019

Back At It Mildly

I was able to put my super soft Skecher Go-Walk sneakers on this morning and went to the gym with my hubs. While he pedaled on the elliptical, I tried to get warm on the recumbent bike. It took a lot of effort, mostly because this is supremely boring so I spent the entirety of it staring at my phone checking email. You have a tendency to dawdle when your focus is elsewhere! I did manage to pedal over 3 miles but this was after 30 minutes. And I still wasn't warm enough to take my hoodie off.

Pullups seemed daunting. They were fine. It was dismounting that had me off balance because I don't want to put undue pressure on my big toe. Then I went to the aerobics room to do crunches and the like. All fine and well until I attempted Bird Dogs, which don't really affect your toes, except you really need the anchor foot to be securely flat on the floor. So that was a little hard.

I figured that was enough for today. I'll do more tomorrow. My biggest challenge was changing the dressing on my foot after showering. Triple antibiotic ointment truly squishes out everywhere. The non-stick gauze pads have hard, rough edges (or I'm a lot more sensitive than normal people) and after applying one, I found it to be too painful to even attempt stuffing my foot back into my soft, squishy, formless winter boots. The non-stick surface is plasticized which might not affect most people. I'm the one person who gets a paper cut from the product label stitched inside clothing. Luckily I have a lot of bandaids in my bag. And we're headed to the store after this anyway so I can buy actual super soft, sterile gauze pads.

Tomorrow I'll attempt another cardio warmup and then see if I can knock out some Inclined Benching or Seated Cable Rows. It depends on how crowded the gym is for a winter Friday. And we're still waiting for the ice to melt off all the tree branches. The lawn looks like a fairytale illustration, gleaming crystals in the bitter cold sunlight. Temps peaked at 19 from this morning's 9F. Good thing we have firewood next to the woodstove!

Testing the Waters Warm-Up Thursday

30 min recumbent bike
Manual Level 1
Miles 3.90
Calories 127

Cage Stretch
HGPU 25

Crunches 60/60
Horizontal Scissors 60
Bicycles 60
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...