Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Does Housework Count?

Tuesday

10 min elliptical
Calories 93
Miles 0.83

T, Y & I DB Raises
3lbs x 15
5lbs x 15

Nexersys Follow Me
7r Beginner
5r Intermediate

HGPU 26

I always plan to get to the gym earlier than I actually do. Lately, I find that when I get in earlier, I'm stymied from using the equipment I want because there are too many other people. Today I get to the gym even later so I cut my workout shorter by 2 rounds. And because SnowBird, an elderly man in his late 70s who heads to Florida for the winters (and has the facial liver spots to prove it), was in the Stretch Cage, I didn't do any of my band pull warm ups either.

I actually spent the morning doing an impromptu shoulder workout. Kidding. But that's what 90 minutes of having my hands over my head felt like while I stood on a kitchen stool to unfasten the light fixture in the bathroom. Because when the bulbs burn out, it's kind of dark in there. And after wrestling with the lights over the over-sink cabinet, I also had to pull the in-ceiling light fixture down and replace those bulbs. That was fun. Not. Nothing like knowing you're so short that standing up straight on a 36" kitchen stool means you still have a 1/2 inch space between your head and the low ceiling. We have 7 foot ceilings because the house is a converted summer bungalow. Yep, good thing I worked shoulders and delts yesterday. Kidding. Well, at least the vertigo didn't cause any issues.

My sciatica seems healed up. Except when I drive to the gym, my left foot, the one that presses the gas and the brake, starts to go numb in the toes. It could be the hiking boots I'm breaking in. Or, it could be the fact my seat is too far from the dash. I really like my car, but there are little annoying things, like how my seat belt can get caught on the side lever that moves my seat back or forward. And the car doesn't need to be on for the seat to readjust itself because the seat belt caught it just right. Ugh. I move the seat forward.

I found an old pair of 6W leather Rykas in the closet. I don't remember why I don't like them but they seem to fit okay. I wear them to whack the machine today. They don't actually start to bother my feet until the last few rounds, when Sweeps cause the side seam inside the shoe to chafe my bunion. Ugh. I see a bunch of regulars. Thankfully I can't actually hear any of them. I am pleasantly surprised though by a chubby older woman who stops by while I'm between rounds. "You're the first person I've seen doing this machine. It looks great. I'm going to do this the next time I come here!" I smile back at her, and wonder if she knows what she's getting herself into.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...