Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day Four Active Rest

Not really sure what an active rest is suppose to be, but it's not suppose to be sitting on your butt. I went to the gym, got on the Precor elliptical and pedaled for 20 minutes. My glutes and hamstrings are still sore from Tuesday so I was feeling a bit slow out of the gate. After 20 minutes of ever increasing my pace (starting at 160 SPMs and peaking at 240), I'm feeling a bit warmer but somewhat unfocused. Usually my head is clearer. I only log in 2 miles so I know I'm in a fog of sorts.

A quick Cage stretch and then I wrap my hands so I can punch the Nexersys. As I did last week, I plan to do 9 rounds Beginner and then 3 rounds Intermediate. I don't want to forget everything I figured out so I have to keep practicing! I'm not sure if it's the Shred Program and my uncharacteristic soreness that makes me less focused than usual but I'm punching and kicking too hard which results in a lower accuracy rating. Several of my blows don't register at all. I need to slow down and draw out my punches so that they're more of a hard push than an actual jab-cross. The Beginner Follow Me summary shows me greater power and lower accuracy. It's frustrating.

I'm a bit nervous with the Intermediate Follow Me program and miss several combinations in Round One, but eventually I regain my focus, pulling my punches and concentrating on accuracy. By Round Three I feel like I've finally figured it out. Next week I'll add a few more rounds to the Intermediate level. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow's Shred Day Five program but maybe I'll be able to work through all this soreness. I've almost emptied my water bottle so I'm not surprised that the gym scale reads 113.0 lbs. I'm having lunch with friends from a recently-dissolved photography club at the local seafood joint. Well, my diet won't be completely blown, but it'll sure taste good.

Day Four: Active Rest
20 min elliptical = 2.02 miles
Cage Stretch
Nexersys:
9 rounds Beginner Follow Me Female
  Accuracy 83% / Strikes 105% / Average Power 131%
3 rounds Intermediate Follow Me Female
  Accuracy 57% / Strikes 95% / Average Power 89%

photos posted with actual stats:




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...