Monday, August 5, 2024

Weekend Spillover

I was certain I'd do worse than Friday and that was correct for pull-ups, but I did slightly better on the elliptical and the stair machine. The cross-trainer felt better (and I actually pedaled backwards for the cool down) but I did exactly the same mileage and calorie-wise. Which I suppose is good. I'm tired and feeling the residual effects of taking a before-bed dose of gabapentin to help me sleep through my sciatic discomfort. Which means I'm feeling a bit altered. It might be the gaba, or the lack of proper sleep. I've spent the past two nights on the sofa.

There was too much snoring and sleep yelling Saturday night. Yesterday there was just too much drama. The husband broke his sober streak and has been drunk each night. And drunk means loud, clumsy and obnoxious. Drunk means the absolute worst personality emerges, like a Jekyll & Hyde. But instead of being mean and nasty to me, he harangued my son with horrible rambling speech where he told him that he was fighting reasons not to kill him. What?! That he'd toss his body into the swamp behind our house and no one would ever find him. WTF?! Because my son is gay and my husband has the emotional maturity of a 6-year old and the image issues of an insecure pre-teen. The husband is bemoaning the end of his lineage. Excuse me? This is the man who didn't want kids to begin with. 

Only monsters threaten their own children with death. My son left the house and had a friend come by to drive him somewhere he felt safe. He spent the night there. My husband stumbled to bed after breaking a lamp and trashing his side of the bedroom. I spent the night texting my son, making sure he was okay. He doesn't feel safe around my husband and I don't blame him.

My husband, at his computer this morning before rushing off to work, feigned ignorance about last night and was annoyed that I confronted him. I told him he needed to apologize for being such an ass. And that he's destroying that fragile relationship he's worked so hard to build with our son. I questioned whether he actually loved his kid. Later, I picked my son up from his friend's house and on the drive home, he told me he got a text apologizing for last night although the husband claims he doesn't remember what he said. I'm not sure I believe that.

I texted my husband that he has a choice: buy liquor and get drunk and become that vile monstrous person, or don't buy liquor. I told him what my kid told me he'd said, so he has no excuse about not remembering. I'm so disgusted that I'm considering legal options. Threaten my kid? Better watch yourself! 

Well, after all that, let me post something cute I found online:

5 August 11:54-1:55
Monday — All Cardio
Timolol / sciatica / gabapentin

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30+5 (5562)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 148, 188-82
?? Fitbit: 49-126

HGPU 14 (ugh!)

Matrix StairMaster (R)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55) / 5 (50-48)
Steps 513
Floors 31
Cal 75
Hr 188

HGPU 14

Life Fitness X-Trainer #2
Program Manual L1
Time: 20+5 (rev)
Distance: 2.32
Cal: 191
Avg Hr: 117-124

20 Hip Bridges
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
DeadBugs 20 x 5
10 Hip Bridges & 10 one-leg ea
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Fire Hydrants 20 x 2
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Arm rotations 20
Neck stretch / Eye yoga
    Skip Wall Squat 90 sec


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...