Wednesday, July 5, 2023

It's Really Summer Now

I had 4 days off from the gym so I really felt compelled to be there today. The parking lot was surprisingly empty though, as was the gym. Assuming a lot of folks just took the rest of the week off to go on holiday! As usual, I felt better after cardio. But since I had a bit of time, I attempted pull-ups and found my forearm to be tender enough to limit my reps. It's always something! I'm lucky just to get the even dozen today. 

It seems like my whole body is suffering from inflammation! In spite of eating ibuprofen by the handfuls. Okay, I'm kidding about that, but I am taking the limit for NSAIDs. My GP said I could take more (9 tablets instead of 6) during the long drive but only for 2 days in a row.

Class doesn't start in the Aerobics Room for a good 30 minutes so the a/c isn't on in there. However, there are two Gen Zers who are posing and prancing in front of the mirrors. The guy is all shoulders and arms, and really need to work on the lower half. The girl is strutting about in heels that click-clack all over the wooden floor, while she "flexes" and poses poutingly. "Fitness influencers"? She doesn't have enough muscle for a Ms Fitness pageant, nor is she lean enough. What they do have is youth and height. But they don't leave until V (who teaches the M and F Zumba or Body Pump class), arrives to set up equipment. It's mid-week so that means Boot Camp but I don't see Gym Owner anywhere in the gym today. And that means the a/c kicks on finally. 

It's been hot. Too hot for pups to run around in the park much, although tall trees shade the enclosure and there's usually a breeze. But not lately. The biting insects are voracious after all the rain. It reaches 90F today and we all take refuge indoors where we can flip on fans and a/c. I probably only have tomorrow to work out again since Friday I need to be at my eye doc's office at 8:45 for the laser treatment of the left eye. We'll do the right eye when I get back from Buffalo. I'm dreading that drive even though it'll be punctuated with stops along the way. Because with my sciatica, there's nothing more painful than sitting in a car.

5 July June 2023
Wednesday post Fourth w sciatica

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5520)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 311
Avg Hr: 135, 167-86

HGPU 12 left forearm

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60 knees bent
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
Hurts Sciatica Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Hurts Sciatica Cat stretch 6
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
Hurts Sciatica Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...