Thursday, July 27, 2023

Bayou Weather

The grey windy skies made a storm seem imminent. Dogs went to the park and back. My son got a ride to a weeding and mulching job so I went to the gym. It wasn't very crowded so so coming in later has been quite enjoyable. The a/c feels good until I'm so sweaty and hot that I need to stand still to cool down. The pull-ups are getting a bit easier and I'm surprised that the second set was slightly better than the first.

It's so hot and humid outside that the a/c is still running inside the Aerobics Room even though class ended over an hour ago. Yaaay! My sciatica woke me up this morning. Again. 

I have not tried the back doc's suggestion to take a half dose of children's Benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl) before bed when I complained that I could no longer use the minimal dose of melatonin (3 mg) or gabapentin (300 mg) without feeling hung over in the morning. Both give me severe brain fog if I take a dose for more than 2 or 3 nights. I suspect my liver might not be able to process these drugs properly, just as I don't handle alcohol well either. Unfortunately, diphenhydramine HCl is contraindicated for glaucoma patients as it increases eye pressures (IOPs) so there's that...

There's a woman in the Aerobics Room doing a series of movements involving exercise bands, dumbbells and weight plates. I've never seen her before, but then again, she's never seen me before either. I have discomfort in my left glute while doing planks, cat/cow and push-ups, but I can sit cross-legged again. The gym still isn't very crowded and I see how many pull-ups I can do before leaving. 

I have to be at my glaucoma doc's at 8:45 tomorrow morning (SLT for the right eye) so pups will be at the park super early. Hopefully, I'll be back in town to make the NYS Car Inspection appointment I made for my old Subaru. Which means no gym tomorrow. I plan to go Monday, right before I go for the dreaded "routine" colonoscopy that requires a full day of prep the day before, with no eating or drinking anything other than clear fluids that aren't red or purple in color. I'm worried about being soooo hungry, especially Monday morning... Thankfully, this annoyance should only happen every 10 years if everything's "normal."  

Online, I giggle while viewing a meme with Grogu bopping to music...

27 July 2023 11:18-12:39
Hot Humid Thursday w mild sciatica

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 + 5 (5620)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 316
Avg Hr: 156, 179 max

HGPU 17.5 easing back in

20 Hip Bridges
Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
20 Hip Bridges
   Sciatica Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
   Just sore Sciatica Cat stretch 12
Fire Hydrants 30 x 2
Child’s Pose / Cobra Pose
Bird Dog Planks 60s x 2
   Sciatica Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25 (fatigue)
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...