Thursday, September 13, 2018

Making Lemonade from Lemons

I actually didn't get to the gym until today. My son asked me to drive him to school because the new bus schedule has him missing his first period class. The bus is suppose to come at 7:32. By 7:34, I turn off my hazards and drive towards the school. I drop my son off and glance at the dashboard clock. It reads 7:44, plenty of time for him to reach his locker and then the first class, which starts at 7:55. It's only taken me 10 minutes to make the trip. I call the School Bus Dept of Transportation to complain. They tell me the bus was at our stop at 7:40. That's 8 minutes past scheduled pick up time. "Oh, but that was the first schedule and there's been changes..." the dispatcher stammers. I explain that my son has not made his first period class once yet. 7:40 is too late, especially when the bus is instructed to pick up two other students who are not on the route. Yesterday, I drove my son to school just so he'd be there in time for the class trip into NYC. I was there too, as a parent chaperone. While we were in the cafeteria getting organized, I saw two full school buses arrive after 8 am. When was first period again?! Ugh.

The only good thing to come of this, is that I have to move my schedule up as well. I packed my gym gear and tossed it into the car so that I could get an early morning workout in after I dropped my son off. Then a few errands. I make it home at 11:30 am and my hubs is still home, making last minute arrangements before he has to drive to Boston for work.

I do my 4 X 4 cardio workout, but fewer pull ups today. Not only am I tired, but I'm consciously trying to do full pull ups. I also do a Pull Day workout. There's a lot of regulars I recognize, but I'm too busy trying to get my routine done to waste time chatting. Seriously. I'm tired when I leave. I still have an online class to attend at 1 pm and I'm having technical issues. Ugh... Tomorrow I'm seriously thinking about whacking the machine because there's no time left. Surgery is next week.

Thursday Cardio Pull

4 x 4 Norwegian:
5 min warmup
4 min 85-95% HR (143-159)
3 min rest
4 sets
(5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30, 33)
Miles 2.71
Calories 297
AHR 150/200

HGPU 15 full

Smith RDLs
Bar x 15
80 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 12

T-bar Rows
25lbs x 12 front grip
25 x 12 x 3 neutral grip

HGPU 15

Lat Pull Downs close neutral grip
70lbs x 12
77.5 x 12
85 x 12

Push Ups 60
Crunches 30/20
Horizontal Scissors 50
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s

HGPU 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...