Monday, September 24, 2018

If You Don't Sweat, Is It a Workout?

I signed up for a writer's bootcamp and while I'm learning a lot, it's also eating into my precious sleep time. This wouldn't be so bad if I could walk back up the hill to my house after my kid got on the school bus, but since he's much happier being driven to school, I've lost that opportunity to go back to bed, not that that ever happened much.

I get to the gym and have the luxury of time, for the moment. Which means I can spend 30 minutes on the recumbent bike while reading the news on my phone. I have a hoodie on over a T-shirt and gym pants because I'm cold. The heat kicked on at my house when temps dropped to 48F this morning. I get warmed up, but by no means do I break a sweat. Guess I can wear these gym clothes again tomorrow...

My heart (pulse) is again about 65% of max so it's better than being sedentary. I've become adept at placing the waterproof dressing (with the backing still intact) over my right eye before I shower. My left eye still occasionally gets water in it when I rinse my hair. But the side of my face still hurts and feels bruised from where the doc injected the nerve block. It's not visually noticeable anymore so that's good.

I was suppose to be at my online class today, but I got a message early this morning asking if I'd be willing to log in on Tuesday instead. Uh, okay. I've already submitted the assignment anyway (that was due a day prior to the class to allow editors time to review, markup and comment on the work) and I could've used another day to polish it up a bit, but what's done is done. It's not like I have a lot of free time with this class because if you're not working on an assignment, there's a ton of reading to do (at least 4 books) and an online vocabulary-building game the instructor expects you sign into and keep tract of your scores and words. It's a very intense course, but I'm really enjoying the challenge. Especially since I'm not able to be much of a gym rat these days...

Monday 5 days post surgery
30 min recumbent bike
Miles 2.51
Calories 115
AHR 108

2 comments:

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...