Wednesday, August 29, 2018

End of Summer Days

Having some software/hardware issues with my ancient aging computer systems. Gone are the days when you could maintain equipment. Software updates become limited by the hardware you own, and eventually you find you can't connect to the world anymore. I'm a bit tired of the entire digital world right now after spending two hours with tech support just to unlock my email, And the email was only locked because I got a prompt from Apple to enter my password into my phone. Which it promptly rejected. So I had to create a brand new password. Which unlocked my phone, but my desktop, the very place I actually initiated the new password, decided it didn't know who I was. Ugh. I have to get a new computer. I just haven't decided what type yet: Mac Mini or MacBook laptop?

My son and I decide to do our regular cardio warm up of 15 and 30 minutes. Pull ups are still hard afterwards. Again, we save push ups and core for our cool down later. Instead, we're at the Smith for RDLs. I skip the Smith BB Rows and replace them with T-bar Rows. My son decidedly hates these even worse. I don't mind them, but it annoys me that I don't know how much an unloaded bar weighs. I'm guessing 30 lbs? Because there is weight. The handles are uneven because the neoprene grips have been partially ripped off. Ugh. My son is uncomfortable with the bent knee, straight back but bent over position to properly execute the movement. I don't force him to do it. Instead, after I get my 3 sets in, I give him the choice of Lat Pull Downs or Seated Cable Rows. He chooses the latter. I put a half-brick (7.5 lbs) on the stack.

Finally, we grab a BB and do curls with elbows pinned to the sides. I think my son actually likes doing this exercise, maybe because it works something he can actually see? The gym is mostly empty. Our town starts school next week, but this town started this week. Weird. So no kids here today. Also not here is Crazy Woman with White Chihuahua. I'm happy not to trip over the dog or the water bowl or the girl sleeping under the coat rack.

Next Monday will be the last day I can bring my son to the gym. He's looking forward to school, but he says he enjoyed our gym time. Friday we'll have a Cardio Day. I think I'm going to miss having him with me, even if it has lowered my workout intensity. In a few weeks I'll be back to a crawl anyway as I recover from cataract and stent surgery on the other eye. Sigh.

Resting between sets means staring at our phones
The Last Pull Day with My Son

15 + 2cd Octane Calories 100
Miles 1.39
31 floors
AHR 112/130

30 treadmill
Incline 10% Speed 3
Calories 263
Distance 1.48
AHR 116/209 (no, didn’t see that)

HGPU 15, 15, 15, 15 (60)
M pull ups 8, 7, 7, 7 (29)

Smith RDLs
Bar (30) x 15, m15
60 x 12, m12
80 x 12, m 12 x 2
120 x 12
140 x 12

T-bar Rowing
Unloaded (30?) x 12 reps
25lbs x 12 x 3
M 12

Seated Cable Rows
77.5lbs x 12 x 3

BB Curls
30lbs x 12reps x 3 sets

Push Ups 60
M 35

Crunches 30/20
Scissors 50
Side Planks 2 x 60s
Bird Dogs 2 x 60s


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Week

I'm so tired that I'm glad I don't go to the gym on weekends. I did go today after a lot of procrastination, so I got there late...