Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Old Things Break Down Eventually

On my way out the door post-workout
Everything eventually breaks if it's subject to daily abuse. I can't say that the Nexersys is used on a daily basis because I'm never at the gym in the evenings or on weekends, but during the day there are very few people wailing on it. And no one who does it on a regular basis, except maybe me. And maybe the gym owner, but truthfully, I haven't seen him whack the machine in a very long time.

It took me a while to get to the gym again. I had to bag up old clothes to take to the Good Will, as well as sort through a lot of papers to make sure I had all the necessary items for applying for a passport. So we can go to Scotland to scatter my mother-in-law's ashes when the time comes...

As is my wont, I do 10 min on the elliptical to warm up, then carefully wrap my hands before logging into the Nexersys machine. Immediately I'm vexed because the machine isn't registering my right Cross punch. At all. Not that, nor the Power Elbow, and rarely, a Power Hook. Something's wonky with the sensor, and it doesn't help that pad itself is loose from a missing bolt. The machine still blanks the screen as well. Halfway through the second round of my warm up (5 rounds Beginner), I pause the machine and speak to the front desk.

Unfortunately, after a minute, the Pause function reverts to a cancellation and I have to start from round one again. I'm a little vexed, but I'd rather smack the machine than not so I start over, but I don't take the scoring very seriously. I can't. Without registering Cross, Power Hook and Power Elbow, my Accuracy, Strikes and Power all appear abysmal. Oh well... I did get a good workout.

Afterwards, I spend 20 min on the elliptical, pedaling forward and back using Program #2, which is by far, my least favorite. Then, I don my stiff leather Harbinger gloves and do some pull ups. Even though my hands are very small, and my fingers are positively tiny, these gloves are too tight. The gloves are padded, but the finger seams bite into my skin, making pull ups even harder. However, I do love the feeling of being able to grab the bars overhead and just pull myself up. That feels awesome!

I've put two different weight lifting gloves in my Amazon shopping cart, but I'm suspicious of the lack of exhortations... don't I need a minimum order amount to qualify for Free Shipping? It's waaay too easy to shop on Amazon so I tend to leave items in my cart for a long time. Sometimes the price drops, but sometimes the item is no longer available. It's a crap shoot.

Tomorrow I plan to do Back... give those RG BB Rows a quick feel, and then probably do DLs instead. I'm not confident enough of my hamstrings to even attempt GHRs or Split Squats. And being a few pounds heavier than I want to be means I don't need my glutes any bigger. I don't like snug clothes, especially pants!

Wednesday Workout

Warm UP
Calorie :   97 CAL
Distance: 0.86 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

Follow Me
Lap/Rep :  16.5 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:06:00
Prgm#2
Calorie :   160 CAL
Distance: 1.84 mile
Duration : 00:20:00
205.33
Set 1 : 112x25

Photos posted for stats

5 rounds Beginner
My stats don't usually look this bad!


5 rounds Intermediate
This session is even worse!


5 rounds Advance
I did have a good time though

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried cycling gloves? They make a lot of smaller sizes (women's/kids).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried cycling gloves? They make a lot of smaller sizes (women's/kids).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The HOT Gym gloves say they're for cycling as well... There's no way to know until I actually use them in a workout. PS, I put an order in via Amazon for a jar of Smoky Moutain paraben-free cream.

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...