Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ignore the Data

Some days turn out to be harder than you expect, and for no apparent reason. Lately I've been sleeping oddly, waking in the middle of the night. Wide awake waking. Then back to sleep. The ZMA doesn't seem to be having any effect any more. I stopped drinking chamomile tea before bed but maybe I should start again. At first I blamed this disruptive wakefulness on the single cup of ginseng tea I had one afternoon. Another afternoon I had green tea, but that's suppose to be low in caffeine. My all-time favorite is twig tea. I've put a big box of it in my Amazon virtual shopping cart. Maybe it's just stress. And for someone who isn't employed and works out daily, I seem to have a lot of stress. It might just be my nature.

Today I try out the Altus brand workout gloves. They fit well, but seem to be shredding on the inside, leaving flecks of black fabric on my hands. They also aren't padded very well, which makes them less than ideal for pull ups and pulling heavy weights. I have tiny, bony hands and fingers that need all the padding they can get. Later, I buy a pair of Weider® women's workout gloves at Kmart. They're padded and seem to fit, but the true test will, of course, be during an actual workout. Like tomorrow. I get the raspberry colored ones because everything in my gear sack is black, making it hard to distinguish wrist wraps from VGs from other items. Like a black umbrella, black gloves become invisible and I don't need that sort of aggravation.

My kickboxing workout is not as the best one I've ever done, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps because the screen seems to be blanking out arbitrarily, making me miss several combination blows. Perhaps because I'm easily distracted by chatty people who gather in clusters and then move like startled deer. Maybe it's because I'm tired. And it's unseasonably cold outside, so every time someone exits or enters the facility, a cold breeze rushes through the front half of the gym.

After my 15 rounds, I do 20 minutes on the elliptical (program #2) to work out the stiffness in my lower back and legs. Finally, I stretch a bit and knock out hammer grip pull ups. When I get to 23, I tell myself that I can do two more. And I do. That's 5 pull ups at full extension. I'm still trying to save my elbows and forearms by keeping my arms flexed for the first 20 pull ups. So far so good.

Tuesday Workout

Warm Up
Calorie :   89 CAL
Distance: 0.8 mile
Duration : 00:10:00

Follow Me
Lap/Rep :  15 Lap/Rep
Duration : 01:00:00
Prgm#2
Calorie :   150 CAL
Distance: 1.77 mile
Duration : 00:20:00
205.33
Set 1 : 112x25 Yaaay!

Photos posted for actual stats:

 5 rounds Beginner

 
5 rounds Intermediate


5 rounds Advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...