Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Epic Hedge Battle

Cracked mirror in the
CF / deadlift section
My shoulders and forearms are sore today and I know it's not from yesterday's Delt workout. Actually, it was the sore forearms that clued me in. Sunday I decided to tackle our driveway hedges because they loom over 8 feet high. When the snow finally comes this winter, the hedges will bend down into our driveway and make shoveling a royal pain. I don't have anything motorized that hasn't rusted to pieces so it's all chop chop snip snip with hand shears and a branch lopper. The neighbor on the other side of the driveway helped a bit with his hedge trimmer and machete, but honestly, I think I made better time with my tools. Hubs was busy running errands before having to leave for Boston so he wasn't any help whatsoever in the epic hedge battle.

Can't tell if this is good or not
At several points along the way, I wished I'd had the forethought to put on a pair of safety glasses. Since I'm barely 5 feet tall, I'm constantly reaching over my head to snip and lop. Which means leaves, branches, vines and other debris tend to rain down on me. A rather large branch nailed me just under the eyebrow and left a long red scratch over my eyelid. Thank goodness for my thick Asian eyelids! I put a dab of antibiotic ointment on it and hope for the best. Sometimes I forget and wipe the sweat off my face, but the scratch stings so I'm better if I can remember to blot, not wipe.

Today I get to whack the Nexersys machine. I put a large square of "heavy duty moleskin" on the knuckle afflicted with the pesky cyst. It seems to help. I should probably stop battering my hands so much. I don't need arthritis as I age even though it seems that everyone has arthritis somewhere. When I'm done, I do 15 min on the Step Mill. I've managed to regain all the weight I've lost over the past several months. It's been so sudden that I wonder if it's really weight, or water. I have been snacking a lot these past several days and I wonder if I go back to eating like I have gallbladder issues, will the weight fall away again?

When I go to the supermarket, I find myself running into (and avoiding) people I recognize from the gym. A lot of people from the gym, including "Blondie", the fellow who had the bad dye job. It's since grown out but he still wears odd clothes to workout. But in normal street wear, he actually looks decently attractive. Except I'm really gun-shy and avoid making eye-contact with anyone I might vaguely know from the gym. Unless it's actually someone I know and consider a "friend" after a fashion. Those people I'll talk to. I know --  I'm weird.

Tuesday Workout

10 min elliptical warm up

15 rounds kickboxing the Nexersys

15 min Step Mill

3 x 50 crunches

50 flat bench knee ins (lower abs)

Photos posted for actual stats:






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...