Thursday, February 19, 2015

Year of the Ram

Today marks the New Year of the (green wood) Ram/Sheep/Goat and is suppose to portend an auspicious year. That remains to be seen as these lovely creatures are revered mostly for their placid nature. Today does not start well for me though. Perhaps it was the Mystic Monk coffee that my husband brewed this morning. It's a lot more caffeine than the instant espresso that I usually make for myself in the morning.

My hubs finally decided to restart his exercise program with a DailyBurn program on TV, since the unheated garage is waaaay too cold for working out. (It's going to drop to -6 tonight.) He's on his way to Boston for a few days, but isn't planning on leaving until 11 am. And his car is blocking my car in the driveway. So I can't get out. I'm getting really annoyed so after I load my son and gym gear into my car, we sit in the driveway and watch the birds at the feeder. There's nothing more distracting when trying to get ready than having impatient family members standing around in their winter coats. Regardless, my hubs texts me later that he's forgotten his belt, and his hot water heater. WTH? I guess he'll have to tie his pants up with string. Kidding.

I only have an hour and a half now and I'm planning to do cardio today. That's an hour right there. Switching between the cross-trainer and the elliptical, the quick stretch, showering and changing all eats into that time. It must be the coffee because I race through the cross-trainer session and log in over 4 miles. Then I punch in Performance Program #1 on the Precor elliptical and log in another two and a half miles. A quick stretch and I'm done. I retrieve my son from Child Care at the stroke of 1 pm. He's not the last child. Whew!

I'm going to look into other kickboxing gloves. A friend recommended Harbinger women's wristwrap bag gloves but warned me that they were pricey. $50 but free shipping. I search Amazon and find a similar item that is $10 cheaper even with shipping. The sizing is odd. I'm between a Small and a Medium on the Harbinger site, although the Amazon product (Ring to Cage) states that size Small is for women under 5 feet tall. That'd be me. I have a wide palm, but small short fingers and tiny wrists so I'm not really sure what size I wear now. I'll have to think about this more...


Tomorrow is Abbreviated Leg Day. And Monday I have an eye doc appt at 9:15 across the county for an eye test. I hate giving up my gym time for tests that tell me I'm fine. But I have glaucoma, so I do have to keep check on it because the last thing I want to deal with is eye surgery.

Thursday Cardio Workout
(total mileage = 6.77 miles Wahoo!)

Calorie :   153 CAL
Distance: 4.2 mile
Speed :    8.39 mph
Duration : 00:30:05
Calorie :   289 CAL
Distance: 2.57 mile
Duration : 00:30:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...