Tuesday, February 17, 2015

PreLoading the Abbreviated Workout

I knew it had snowed last night. But I wasn't really expecting to have to shovel. Flurries don't need to be shoveled, I told myself. But 2-3" of fresh fluffy snow needs to be shoveled before it packs down to a half inch of ice and freezes overnight. Plus, I've got 140 lbs of salt inside my front door so there's no reason not to salt afterwards, while the sun in warm and welcoming. It takes me a good 45 minutes to get everything done, including clearing the car because I hate the people who drive around with just the windshield wiper area clear of snow. Do they think that no one can see them because their car is hidden beneath the frost? No one wants to drive behind a vehicle that might dislodge flying chunks of ice, or who can't get through a traffic light because the snow from the car roof suddenly slid forward onto their windshield.

By the time my son and I get to the gym, I have exactly 2 hours to work out. First we buy our SpongeBob movie tickets because experience has shown us that $5 Tuesdays on a No-School Day means that entire families will show up at the last minute and the movie will be sold out 5 minutes before showtime. It's another super-abbreviated Workout and it's Back Day. I'm already a little tired. I debate whether to just do 30 min of cardio and attempt a good Back workout, or to give up and just do two legs of cardio. My quads complain a little and I don't quite make 4 miles like yesterday. Well, not every day can be a peak cardio day.

I'm happy to see the Smith machine vacant but that happiness is short-lived as Island Jerk drags the adjustable Inclined Bench from the other side of the gym to the Smith. Proper etiquette dictates I ask him if he's using the Smith. Bummer. I grumble and stalk away. There's an Oly bar laying on the ground with two 45 lb plats lying next to it. Lazy f*ks can't even put their plates away. I ask the 3 guys closest if any of them are using this. Nope. All mine. Okay then. Because I don't have enough time to do my whole routine, I have to be more selective. RG BB Rows feel okay. Maybe too okay. I knock out 22 reps instead of 20 for the last set.

I'm a bit more cautious with the Seated Cable Rows because my right front delt is intermittently achy. More weight, fewer reps. I manage 3 decent sets at 120 lbs and then do a few drop sets. My elbows don't complain today and I'm surprised. I finish with the Lower Back Extension machine because I've skipped it the past two weeks. Those are okay once I get my rhythm. Skipping Hammer Grip Pull Ups gives my elbows a break. I rush through most of the Mat Stretch, doing a quick plank and some Dive Bomber Push Ups along with leg, lower and upper back stretches before dashing off to shower and change. My son is the last child in the Child Care room.

Tuesday Cardio and Back Workout
(3.98 miles; 28,785 lbs moved)


Calorie :   151 CAL
Distance: 3.98 mile
Speed :    7.92 mph
Duration : 00:30:09
234
Set 1 : 45x15
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 155x15
Set 4 : 155x15
Set 5 : 155x15
Set 6 : 135x22 Up the wt?
152
Set 1 : 90x12
Set 2 : 105x10
Set 3 : 120x8
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 120x6
Set 6 : 105x8
Set 7 : 90x12
315
Set 1 : 210x15
Set 2 : 210x15
Set 3 : 210x15
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:01:00

Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...