Monday, February 16, 2015

Into That Good Night

I had a hard time getting out to the gym today, mostly because my husband's car is in front of mine in our snow bank-flanked, single lane driveway. Luckily, he had errands to do as well, and took our son with him, but that still didn't leave me enough time to get everything done. Super abbreviated workout today with only 30 minutes of cardio. Still, that did total over 4 miles, so that's good. The Smith was busy so I resigned myself to doing DB presses, but after the warm up set, they were done. Yaaaay for me!

The Smith Bench Presses are feeling okay, mostly because I'm using the smaller bench which allows me to keep my elbows tight, and I've cut my reps on the heavier weights. After a few weeks, I'll probably get daring and try to up the weight again. I'm not in the position to see increases every week. But I'm happy with my progress, and mostly with the way I look, although sore quads and glutes have me a tad worried whether my candy-colored GAP khakis will fit come Spring. Because I'm waaay short on time, I skip the Inclined Press and go directly to DB Lateral Raises super set with DB Inclined Reverse Flyes. The latter seem to work better for me than the Bent Over DB Flyes. Again I warm up with two sets at 20 lbs and then move to the 25 lb DBs. Four sets of each is a grind. I barely have any time left and do just 5 minutes of HIIT cardio on the elliptical and a quick upper back stretch on the Mat before running off to shower and change.

I don't even have time to go to the store or the pizzeria because my son has a play date. His friend is due to show up around 1 pm and can't stay late due to a 4 pm doc appt. My son's annual exam is Wednesday, after the gym. I get home and my son's friend and mom are standing in my driveway, wondering where to park. We decide that the new neighbors who are never home ultimately won't mind a car parked in their driveway for a few hours. Those people actually live in NYC and only seem to pop up a few weeks every few months.

After the play date is over (and very successful), I check my emails and learn that my old co-worker has passed away. Rest in Peace, Monkey Girl.

Monday Super Abbreviated Workout

Calorie :   151 CAL
Distance: 4.03 mile
Speed :    8.02 mph
Duration : 00:30:09
35.83
Set 1 : 25x13
165
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x10
Set 4 : 120x8
Set 5 : 130x8
Set 6 : 90x25
35
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 25x12
Set 4 : 25x12
Set 5 : 25x12
Set 6 : 25x12 SuperSet with
35
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 25x12
Set 4 : 25x12
Set 5 : 25x12
Set 6 : 25x12
HIIT cardio
Calorie :   38 CAL
Distance: 0.38 mile
Duration : 00:05:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...