Friday, April 18, 2014

Deload Can't Come Soon Enough

I'm trying to stick with my routine until the end of this month but it gets harder every day. I don't like the way I feel, and I'm really not happy with the way I look. Making strength PRs only goes so far. Today is Arm Day but when I think about it, it's a lot less than I use to do for Arms. After 20 minutes on the Precor (Steady State cardio), I get my high rep sets on the bench and then wrestle with the 45 lb plates and the Olympic bar by the mirrored wall for RG BB Rows. I notice how unevenly I row the bar, my right side pulling higher than my left. I pull one set at 185 lbs because I don't want to lose how it feels. I won't be pulling heavy in a few weeks.

The gym is crowded in odd areas. The DB area is completely filled with women draped all over every single bench. I grab the EZ bar and drop my towel on the back end of one of the BB Breaker Benches. At least I can put my feet up on the support bar for the breaker stay. Rip Crushers don't feel any easier. Then a few sets of BB Curls with the same bar. Except I up the weight after the first set. Finally, I knock out a few sets of Reverse Grip BB Curls just to work the forearms. A quick turn on the Torso Twist, 20 minutes on the Step Mill and an abbreviated Mat Stretch and I'm done. My right trap started to spasm while I was doing BB curls, limiting my neck motion. I made sure to be extra careful during the Mat Stretch.

The gym scale reads 112.8 lbs. I snap a few selfies in the mirror but everything looks distorted. I think it's me because I'm pretty sure the mirror's the same.

Friday Workout

20 min Precor = 1.96 miles

BB Bench Press
15x45 lbs (bar)
3x20x95 lbs
5x95 lbs (last set done immediately after the 3rd 20-repper)

RG BB Row
15x45 lbs (bar)
15x135 lbs (I got bored and lost count)
12x155 lbs
12x175 lbs
6x185 lbs
20x135 lbs (for fun)

Rip Crusher with EZ Bar & Rogue ProLock collars
12x15 lbs (just the bar, no collars)
12x37.5 lbs
3x12x47.5 lbs

BB Curl with EZ Bar & Rogue ProLock collars
12x47.5 lbs
3x12x57.5 lbs

RG BB Curls (switched to straight solid BB)
3x20x50 lbs

Torso Twist Machine
2x25x50 lbs

20 min Matrix Step Mill = 1039 steps

Mat Stretch with 2x12 DBPUs, upper and lower back stretches, splits, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...